SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... watching today's Press Brief (2/3/17).

The use of Skype for invited journalists should rock the MSM - sit up and take notice?

Is Milo in the House?

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
... watching today's Press Brief (2/3/17).

The use of Skype for invited journalists should rock the MSM - sit up and take notice?

Is Milo in the House?

Milo will not be attending according to his latest post on FB.

From his page: "I won't be headed to the White House today as some news reports are suggesting -- en route to New York for cable news. Had fun at the press briefing last time but I'm the biggest story in the country and I'm focusing on TV! I'll drop Sean and Daddy a line about Berkeley privately."

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
He cracks me up when he refers to President Trump as "Daddy."

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Celebrities Call For A Massive, All-Round Strike In Hollywood “Until The Fascist Trump Resigns”

I really hope they do "strike". These spoiled 5 year olds need to be shown that the huge majority in this country either do not care what gets them excited, or just laughs at them.

Wife and I attended the last movie back in 1972(?). It was Dr. Zhivago, we really really enjoyed it. This new crap, filled with animations and special effects does nothing for either of us. How about seeing some real actors, with real skills?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Celebrities Call For A Massive, All-Round Strike In Hollywood “Until The Fascist Trump Resigns”

I really hope they do "strike". These spoiled 5 year olds need to be shown that the huge majority in this country either do not care what gets them excited, or just laughs at them.

Wife and I attended the last movie back in 1972(?). It was Dr. Zhivago, we really really enjoyed it. This new crap, filled with animations and special effects does nothing for either of us. How about seeing some real actors, with real skills?

A strike? Yes! Go for it!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Tell me, please, from where in this thread you found this FAKE item to quote.

Fake- F-A-K-E

Read the last paragraph of that "news article". If anyone actually bothered to read the Goddamned thing through before posting it, they would see this is not a real story.

Who were you quoting, please? I want to see if I need to address this with any particular forum member.

Four times I've taken that shit down in this forum. I've had it with stuff like this showing up in this forum. If you post an article, you'd have better read it before you post it. If you post news items in this forum, you are going to be held responsible for their content. If it's not an authentic news item, I'm going to start coming down like a ton of bricks.

Word to the wise

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
He cracks me up when he refers to President Trump as "Daddy."

i wasnt aware he was doing this, until i saw it live on tucker. perfectly good swig of Japanese scotch lost....

guy is brilliantly funny sometimes.

Posts: 774 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
quote:
Tell me, please, from where in this thread you found this FAKE item to quote.

Fake- F-A-K-E

Read the last paragraph of that "news article". If anyone actually bothered to read the Goddamned thing through before posting it, they would see this is not a real story.

Who were you quoting, please? I want to see if I need to address this with any particular forum member.

Four times I've taken that shit down in this forum. I've had it with stuff like this showing up in this forum. If you post an article, you'd have better read it before you post it. If you post news items in this forum, you are going to be held responsible for their content. If it's not an authentic news item, I'm going to start coming down like a ton of bricks.

Word to the wise

Sorry, Para. Been a tough couple of days around here, and have not kept up with the forum.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
Wow......A GS-12, Retired O5, walked into one of the Helicopter Wings here on base and ripped down a photo of the President off the Chain of Command Board.

A Chief Petty Officer saw him do it and said WTF are you doing. The GS-12 ran out the door and jumped in his car, The Chief followed him and chased him at a high rate of speed. Base Security saw them and pulled them over.

I'm thinking that there's a GS-12 position opening at NAS North Island soon Smile

News link, please?

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:...

News link, please?

Given it occured on his (the OP's) duty station, I doubt it is a news item, and well may never make it beyond station scuttlebutt.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The 10th LRIP (Low Rate Initial Production) for 90 F-35 fighters has come in $728 million less than the previous LRIP. Lockheed-Martin "acknowledged President Trumps's recent role in the F-35 program."

Business Insider story

There ya go, another three-quarters of a billion dollars saved, to paraphrase the old saying, "Pretty soon we're talkin' real money."

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Excellent, Mr. President!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
The 10th LRIP (Low Rate Initial Production) for 90 F-35 fighters has come in $728 million less than the previous LRIP. Lockheed-Martin "acknowledged President Trumps's recent role in the F-35 program."

Business Insider story

There ya go, another three-quarters of a billion dollars saved, to paraphrase the old saying, "Pretty soon we're talkin' real money."

Do we call that "Trump change?"

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This really shows what an incompetent hack is Obama.

Hey, Barry! You payin' attention, son?

Y'see, Barry, this is because before he became President, Donald Trump was a business man. You know- a real job? Yeah, I guess you don't at that. Roll Eyes

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This really shows what an incompetent hack is Obama.

Hey, Barry! You payin' attention, son?

Y'see, Barry, this is because before he became President, Donald Trump was a business man. You know- a real job? Yeah, I guess you don't at that. Roll Eyes

Yes, it's remarkable what can be accomplished by someone with actual experience and the vision to see opportunities and act.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Double Aught Zero is still hoping to get paid $15 an hour...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/...lag-convoy/97388366/

LOUISVILLE — It's official: The military convoy seen flying a Trump flag in Louisville on Sunday belonged to a Navy Special Warfare unit, and the flag was "unauthorized," a Navy spokeswoman said.
That makes no sense, President Trump is the CIC, what am I missing. Is there a rule about the flags that can be flown from military vehicles?
Military personnel are not allowed to show overt political preferences in uniform. That vehicle is US Govt property, and isn't the appropriate place to fly a Trump banner (though it IS awesome). . .

The rules are the rules, and must be applied even if we happen to agree with the sentiment expressed by the people flying that banner.
Thank you, Hound Dog, for the explanation. I hope the punishment is very light.
Make them write "I will not do that again" fifty times.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
Wow......A GS-12, Retired O5, walked into one of the Helicopter Wings here on base and ripped down a photo of the President off the Chain of Command Board.

A Chief Petty Officer saw him do it and said WTF are you doing. The GS-12 ran out the door and jumped in his car, The Chief followed him and chased him at a high rate of speed. Base Security saw them and pulled them over.

I'm thinking that there's a GS-12 position opening at NAS North Island soon Smile
Do you have a link to a news article for this?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/...lag-convoy/97388366/

LOUISVILLE — It's official: The military convoy seen flying a Trump flag in Louisville on Sunday belonged to a Navy Special Warfare unit, and the flag was "unauthorized," a Navy spokeswoman said.
That makes no sense, President Trump is the CIC, what am I missing. Is there a rule about the flags that can be flown from military vehicles?
Military personnel are not allowed to show overt political preferences in uniform. That vehicle is US Govt property, and isn't the appropriate place to fly a Trump banner (though it IS awesome). . .

The rules are the rules, and must be applied even if we happen to agree with the sentiment expressed by the people flying that banner.
Thank you, Hound Dog, for the explanation. I hope the punishment is very light.
Make them write "I will not do that again" fifty times.

They could write a page of "freedom sentences". Anyone have those in school.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post