SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well, I turned 70 today...so I bought a Honda.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, I turned 70 today...so I bought a Honda. Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Today is my birthday as well. Happy Birthday!

(Where's my Honda? )

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
That Honda Ridgeline is a nice rig. I looked them over Friday. Didn't drive it though.

The CX-5 was on our short list. We looked it over closely and drove one. Yeah, I would say it might have had a little more pep but we found the interior and dash layout lacking. Just not as easy to reach everything as is the CR-V and I found myself squinting to read the dash to see what options were on or off. The info center on the Honda is large and very easy to read. Hey, I'm an old guy.

Happy birthday to you sir! Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Oh the white is very pretty. Now lets lift up that rear hatch, slide the range bag full of pistols and ammo back there and get to the range.. Cool That sir, is the real test of a new SUV. Happy Birthday.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Before I opened the thread, I figured it was going to be a scooter. When I opened the thread, I couldn't see the picture, but I read all the alphabet stuff and figured it was a Gold Wing. Gold Wings come with all that fancy electronic stuff these days, don't they?

Happy birthday. Nice vehicle. Now get some wheels, tires, a tune, and supercharger and you should be all set. At least that seems to be conventional SigForum wisdom. Big Grin

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
OK, how many of ya were thinking;

Just joshin'... Happy Birthday

I was expecting a string trimmer.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice vehicle and happy birthday to you and the other posted birthdays in this thread.

Posts: 693 | Location: West of the Pecos | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Happy 70th Birthday from a happy owner of a 2012 CRV.

I think you are going to like your new ride.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday and congrats on your new car.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday! We've had a 2005 and now a 2013 CRV. I want to go sit in a 2017 now. Thanks a lot. Bye.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!!!!

Nice ride too, enjoy!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!! I turned 60 last weekend, but we did the opposite. After 30 years of Honda's, we brought home a new Dodge Challenger. Hoping we don't regret it down the road.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday! That's a fine looking Honda!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks again to everyone.

No expert on the Honda but it was explained to me that they made substantial changes to the 2017 which is why it ended up on our short list.

The Honda mowers and trimmer comments cracked me up. Big Grin

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You hit 70 and bought a white minivan-looking Honda?

I was expecting more like:

In another year I'll be 70, and hoping for:

Not really!!!

Congratulations on the new Honda, though! Wink

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Happy 70th! Do t let all that stuff give you a headache. It's just like a nagging wife or a high school drivers ed teacher; if you do something stupid it will let you know.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
OK, how many of ya were thinking;

Just joshin'... Happy Birthday

I was thinking more along these lines.

Either way Happy Birthday!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
The info center on the Honda is large and very easy to read. Hey, I'm an old guy.

Regardless of your age, less time looking at controls and displays trying to figure them out means more time watching the road.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, and enjoy your new Honda.

A month or two ago when I was shopping for a vehicle, I tried a CRV. Just not enough room for my extra-long legs.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!
CR-V are great vehicles, enjoy it.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
We bought exactly the same model a few months back. Our third CR-v. It's a great car. MUCH improved over the previous generation. You will like it.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post