SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well, I turned 70 today...so I bought a Honda.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, I turned 70 today...so I bought a Honda. Login/Join 
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted
Actually, I bought this thing Friday. 2017 Honda CR-V Touring.

Here is what I am trying to deal with: CMBS: Collision braking System. RDM: Road departure Mitigation. LKAS: Lane Keeping Assist System. BSI: Blind Spot Information. ACC: Adaptive Cruise Control. It's giving me a headache but it might be kind of fun once I understand it all.

First Honda for me. The CVT is actually pretty quiet as is the ride. I like it so far. Hey, it's a birthday present. Smile

Some quick pics:

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Nice looking vehicle.
Happy Birthday!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, sonny.

Those TLAs will drive you nuts.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday. I'm turning 70 in a few months myself and thinking it's time for a new rig. I'm thinking of the Honda Ridgeline.

Have fun with the new ride.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 70th birthday. Enjoy the new ride.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I drove a 2012 CRV for a couple years, really liked it. Congrats.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12325 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Sir! Enjoy.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Nice ride!

And Happy Birthday ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday from a another happy CR-V owner.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, sounds like you shouldn't have to do anything but steer and put gas in it.

My recently acquired new car has the Adaptive Cruise Control, and given a choice it isn't something I would have ordered (a $1200 option), but it was on the car that had the stuff I did want.

I quickly fell in love with it though, it is the bomb for freeway traffic that is moving but occasionally accordions.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sweet, A buddy just bought one for his wife. Nice rig and I like the white.

How is it for spunk? My brother bought the Mazda because he did not like the power, but he has a Porsche so I discounted his feelings Wink

Honda's are great rigs.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. I'm surrounded by fellow curmudgeons. We, sweetums and I, have been thinking about a small SUV. Must be a age thing that flings a craving on former youths. Enjoy the ride and the learning curve.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Happy Birthday!!

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all.

As far as the tech stuff, I really don't know what I like or dislike yet but it all comes with the package so I guess I better learn to like it. Most of these things you can turn on or off so that is always another option I guess.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
happy birthday 2 u

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good! White on tan is my favorite combo.

Is this your first cvt? Looking for driving impressions as my wife is considering a CRV as well but the cvt scares me.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

Nice looking rig, can't beat a Honda. We had a 2011 and loved it. Only reason we sold it was to get a Pilot which had third row seating. I thought I heard the new CRV now has it.

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to you, then! Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
OK, how many of ya were thinking;

Just joshin'... Happy Birthday

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post