SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Dad Passed Away---***Update and thanks***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Dad Passed Away---***Update and thanks*** Login/Join 
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you all.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Your story of him reminds me of one of the things I try to remember. We are all role models, good or bad, sounds like he was a good one.

Take care,
Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Tomorrow my dad has been gone 2 years, same thing and age. Best of luck, prayers sent.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A life well lived is a joy that you will have in your heart the rest of your life. Prayers for you and the family.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
"My Dad grew up with what seem to be long-lost values: a strong work ethic and strong character. I learned a lot about being self-reliant from him, and it kept me both out of trouble and ready to take on new and different things with confidence. I didn't have to ask him for advice too often, because I watched how he'd taken himself from department manager at a Sears store in Denver to a merchandise manager responsible for stores in several states."

So sorry for your loss. I would like to extend a thank you through you to the memory of your father for instilling the same values in you.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss, all our prayers and condolences.....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences for you loss.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
My condolences

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Your father's story sounds very much like my fathers. Came through Ellis Island, albeit from Germany versus Italy, strong work ethic, etc.

I lost my Dad in Oct 2016 also due to heart failure. It's been tough but the memories live on and I still talk to him all the time.

Cherish the memories and prayers sent!

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
BTT

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the outcome.
I am glad you had him as long as you did.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our condolences and prayers, hope the blessings of those great memories lessen the pain of loss.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear of your father's passing. I think I understand a little of what you've been going through. My mother has been suffering from some sort of mental illness that we didn't understand and wasn't identified until she had a series of strokes later last year. We figured it was some mort of depression but turns out she has a vascular disease of some kind in addition to uncontrolled diabetes. Since the strokes she's has been the "moderate" stage of dementia. She has some decent (mental health) days and more often than not bad days. On her best days she can carry on a little bit of discussion with long term memory in tact. We're told her next stop is end stage dementia. It's been rough so I know where you've been to some extent. I'm just thankful for every moment of the good days as I'm sure you were. Stay strong and remember he is still with you and within you. Take care.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mine passed 39 years ago , there are times when I am pretty sure that I still feel his presence.

I include him in my thank you's before I go to sleep at night.

my condolences and empathy

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I am sorry my friend. If you need anything, you have my number.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post