SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ambassador Haley at Al Smith Dinner
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ambassador Haley at Al Smith Dinner Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YLHfhzUKLY4

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Great lines that were lost on the house full of libs, too bad. Big Grin

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
My Lord, she is stunning in intellect and looks!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Would have loved to have seen DeBlasio's face. Bet he was stewing. The speech was a winner for sure.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Bless her heart. Big Grin

Kelly, looks like he has his nuts in a vice.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG. She killed that room. Fantastic performance. Holy crap, she’s going to be President someday. The dems must hate her.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
She certainly is charming, and has proven herself to be smart.

I would love to see her keep moving forward. Perhaps the Senate? Then?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
My Lord, she is stunning in intellect and looks!

RMD

Sometimes when I look at her my mind jumps directly to Angie Harmon.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
"You wanted an Indian woman...but Elizabeth Warren failed her DNA test..."

ZING! Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
For the next 6 years, she needs to build her fortune, earn chits on the campaign circuit to cash in later, work out the kinks in her presentation, build stamina, etc.

If one is a public official, there are limits to your finances, contributions, but a private citizen is free of those things by and large. Her wealthy supporters can give her money without awkward public disclosure or criminal potential.

She can work on building up a staff of trusted assistants and advisers, supporters in various states, increase her Rolodex.

It’s a long way up the greasy pole, and it takes a village.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
and it takes a village.

I say, it takes a tribe.

Thanks for posting the link J. I got some good laughs for sure.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
I really think she will run for President at the end of Trumps second term, she has it all.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
That was good, and refreshing to hear jokes about Trump which are respectful.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
She DID get her car towed! Smile Blasio, typical of Demonrats, has NO sense of humor! LOL

Nikki for Prez 2024! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
That was awesome. The silence at some of her comments says it all - The lefties had to have steam coming out of their ears. A camera pointed at the crowd would have been beautiful.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
She is very easy on the eyes and I don't think her political career is over yet.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://nypost.com/2018/10/19/...paign=site%20buttons

Nikki Haley:

“Mayor, remember as a member of the UN delegation, I do have diplomatic immunity,” she said. “You’re all familiar with diplomatic immunity? It’s an exemption from prosecution, but as Mayor de Blasio calls it: a sanctuary city.”

As de Blasio cringed in his seat and most of the audience clapped, she then picked up a glass and deadpanned: “Oh look, I got the mayor’s drink by mistake, there’s no ICE!”

Haley also took a shot at the lax campaigning of Hillary Clinton — who was not in attendance — during the 2016 presidential election. She quipped that Clinton “will go trick or treating … everywhere” this Halloween — except Michigan and Wisconsin.

“The president called me this morning and gave me some really good advice,” she said. “He said if I get stuck for laughs, just brag about his accomplishments. It really killed at the UN. I’ve got to tell you.”

Haley, who is Indian-American, then joked that charity organizers “wanted an Indian woman” as keynote speaker, but Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) “failed her DNA test.”

“Actually, when the president found out I was Indian-American, he asked me if I was from the same tribe as Elizabeth Warren,” she said to laughter.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Great Speech...hope to see her go far

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Is the audio working? I see the video playing but get no sound.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Is the audio working? I see the video playing but get no sound.

Works here just fine.