SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seven Percent of American Adults Think Chocolate Milk Comes from Brown Cows
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seven Percent of American Adults Think Chocolate Milk Comes from Brown Cows Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wino:
Then what do Chocolate Labradors produce??

A bunch of torn up stuff and more chocolate labs if you aren't careful.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I grew up on a dairy farm and remember using that as a joke on city kids back in the 70s. It was believed a surprising percentage of the time.

Then there's Wednesday Addams' response to the question about the lemonade containing real lemons: "Do your Girl Scout cookies contain real Girl Scouts?"

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Brown Swiss cows were bred for the Alpine mountains.
Their legs are shorter on one side.
It takes some of them three days to walk back to the barn counterclockwise.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Results of Common Core curriculum.

nothing to do with common core. its the schools fault that people don't know how chocolate milk is made?
Its the school's fault that children aren't taught to think, but instead, are taught to simply accept as truth what they are told by their teachers and others.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It's at least partly the school's fault that children don't know that vegetables are grown in the soil and harvested, that meat comes from animals and fowl, and that milk comes from cows (mostly). It's the parents' fault that they've never discovered that chocolate milk is made by mixing chocolate sauce/powder into white milk.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
U.S. Dairy’s Innovation Center surveyed more than 1,000 adults over the age of 18 in April and found that seven percent of respondents thought that brown cows make chocolate milk.

I wonder where they found the 1,000 people they surveyed?

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm a little amazed that you guys are actually taking this seriously.

I frankly don't believe that there are adults in this country of sound mind who don't know where chocolate milk comes from.

Go ahead and spend the next month or so asking 1,000 people if brown cows make chocolate milk, and I bet you won't find a single person who believes so. This is just stupid.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Go ahead and spend the next month or so asking 1,000 people if brown cows make chocolate milk, and I bet you won't find a single person who believes so. This is just stupid.

I bet you would find many who would screw with you and say, "Sure, brown cows make chocolate milk and swiss cheese is holy 'cuz it's blessed by the Pope."

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I'm a little amazed that you guys are actually taking this seriously.

I frankly don't believe that there are adults in this country of sound mind who don't know where chocolate milk comes from.

I can accept that; maybe this particular survey was stupid. I've lived my adult life in the rural West, most of it in public land management, and most of that in grazing management. The amount of ignorance out there from "concerned citizens" in the urban areas of this country is astonishing. Nothing would really surprise me.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm sure when it comes to other aspects of agriculture, people will manage to show an amazing amount of ignorance. That wouldn't surprise me. It's just...chocolate milk and brown cows? So, so ridiculous.

Or maybe I'm just being way too generous to my fellow man.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
We dont need farms!!!!!!! I get all my stuff from the grocery store!

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post