SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seven Percent of American Adults Think Chocolate Milk Comes from Brown Cows
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seven Percent of American Adults Think Chocolate Milk Comes from Brown Cows Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Morons.

And pickles come from jars. Duh.

Uh, pickles come from hamburgers. Duh. Wink

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Is there a magnesia animal? Is it a mammal?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Don't tell Bullwinkle about the chocolate mousse.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
What about coconut milk?

Hawaiian cows.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
quote:
Originally posted by heavyd:
U.S. Dairy’s Innovation Center discovered that 7% of people like to screw with surveys.
That's my take on it. A certain percent of the population will not give a straight answer on anything.
And why is that? I'd venture one guess is that they operate mentally on the same level as a three year old.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwright1951:
That's silly chocolate milk comes from white cows with a recessive gene, I thought everybody knew that.
If white people drink chocolate milk, is that cultural appropriation? Wait for it...

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
quote:
U.S. Dairy’s Innovation Center discovered that 7% of people like to screw with surveys.
That's my take on it. A certain percent of the population will not give a straight answer on anything.
And why is that? I'd venture one guess is that they operate mentally on the same level as a three year old.

Because it's a retarded question?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you're retarded, true.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you're retarded, true.

I dunno, asking people "where do you think chocolate milk comes from?" is pretty goddamned retarded. So who's the retard here?

C. The answer is C, anybody who believes this nonsense. Once again, a thousand people were asked. A thousand people ain't shit. Who'd they ask? Where were they asking? This is some fluffy non-news designed to make the average dong feel smart. Here's what it boils down to, "We found some stupid people, and/or smartasses, we can't be sure. Film at 11."

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who'd they ask? Where were they asking?
I believe all thousand people interviewed were students of Evergreen College. Wink

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Of course chocolate milk comes from brown cows.

The other one I like to teach "city folk" about is one I learned from my dad when I was a kid. We'd take people "upstate" with us and he'd be sure to point out some "Ridge runner cattle" to them. "Yes, they breed them with one leg shorter than the other for grazing on uneven ground like this."

Most people would believe it for a while then eventually go... "wait, what happens when they get to the edge of the field?" Big Grin

His reply was that they had to walk all the way around the hill again. Wink

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
How do all these studies get completed without ever asking me any of the questions?

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I was thinking of getting a herd of Magnesia so I could milk them.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
only 7%

seems kinda low

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Of course chocolate milk comes from brown cows.

The other one I like to teach "city folk" about is one I learned from my dad when I was a kid. We'd take people "upstate" with us and he'd be sure to point out some "Ridge runner cattle" to them. "Yes, they breed them with one leg shorter than the other for grazing on uneven ground like this."

Most people would believe it for a while then eventually go... "wait, what happens when they get to the edge of the field?" Big Grin

His reply was that they had to walk all the way around the hill again. Wink
Back in the 1980s, the Journal of Irreproducible Results published a study on a beastie called the "Sidehill Gouger", which was genetically designed to have the legs on one side shorter than on the other. There were 2 genotypes: one with the short legs on the left side and one with the short legs on the right. The study went into details about how these 2 groups managed to have sex, and the possible resultant offspring. It was all very technical, clinical, and high-minded. It was also a real hoot. Two of the types of children possible had short legs on one diagonal and long ones on the other--they were perpetually damned to live on saddle-shaped hills.

I think this is the document I mean:
Dill, Lawrence M. (1983). "Behavioral Genetics of the Sidehill Gouger". In George H. Scherr, editor; Richard Liebmann-Smith, associate editor. The Best of the Journal of Irreproducible Results. New York: Workman. pp. 9–10. ISBN 0-89480-595-9.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
What part of the chicken does the nugget come from?
veins, meat stained by cutting vein, cartilage, skin, etc.

Dad was the Veterinary USDA Inspector APHIS MPIP at a chicken plant. I visited there a few times. Just about anything they can grind up goes into the processes items. Beaks, buts, floor sweepings. I am not a fan of chicken weenies.

In the industry, it is referred to as LTA meat; Lips, Tits and Assholes.

Dammit, people, I'm just starting to get comfortable eating chicken brats (supposedly more healthy and less calories). Don't do this to me Frown
I know hot dogs are similar, and I've come to terms with that. But beaks? I know, the floor sweepings and buts should get me more, but I'm struggling with the beaks..

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there are a few farms in the general vicinity that ship kids from the inner city of Chicago for over night visits.

mostly pre-teens , but some have teenagers visit as well.

Some of them know where foods come from , but not all of them , and almost none have ever seen live, walking around livestock.

They absolutely love fresh meat ,eggs, and even vegetables. they go for hay wagon rides, they get to smell what hat smells like and poop from all kinds of animals .

reading the letters that the kids right back to say thank you , will put water in your eyes and a knot in your throat.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Results of Common Core curriculum.

nothing to do with common core. its the schools fault that people don't know how chocolate milk is made?

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
I know hot dogs are similar, and I've come to terms with that. But beaks? I know, the floor sweepings and buts should get me more, but I'm struggling with the beaks..

What? It doesn't have you feeling peckish?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post