SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What fasteners do you use for a license plate?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What fasteners do you use for a license plate? Login/Join 
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I use stainless Allen head screws. However, if you are screwing stainless into a dissimilar metal, they will seize. On my Honda Odyssey, I have to occasionally remove the screws and coat them with anti-seize.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
OKCGene is the WINNER!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
I use stainless 1/4" allen head bolts with nylock backing nuts. Discourages any 'casual' removal.

Around here plates get stolen all the time. Not sure what these shitheads do with them though, but that's a good idea and might slow them down, thanks.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post