SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else wish Sen John McCain would STFU?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else wish Sen John McCain would STFU? Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
And, by the way, Ronin, I always enjoy your posts and I know I'd enjoy having a cigar and a beer with you sometime....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
He's one of many, on both sides, that would shut up and go away, just retire and never talk about politics again. One guy who really annoys me is Newt Gingrich.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
He was given the Republican nomination as a sign, that he had put in his time, he had helped the party all those years, and he had earned the nod.
The honorable precedent is to win the Presidency or retire, its your time to move on. Look at other military heroes, WWII hero Bob Dole, he did not win and he retired. Look at the other Vietnam "hero" John Kerry who retired after losing in 2004... oh wait.

I guess McCain is our John Kerry.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I just don't get why AZ residents continue to vote for him in the primary. A true argument for term limits.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I am over the top wishing death on McCain. But I didn't hear any body criticized for wishing death on Reid, Pelosi, Hillary, Schumer, and others. And they also spent many decades in public service. Also, Tim McVeigh, the Ft Hood, shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald, Charles Whitman, were all military vets, but no one is rushing to defend them, or excuse their action since they spent time in uniform. At any rate, he isn't helping his party a whole lot, is he?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: greco,

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
As far as I'm concerned-- okay, let's say that he really was a war hero. Since that time he has ridden a gravy train for 40 years, and has done *immense damage* to our nation.

I don't wish death on him, but I'd like to see him out of politics asap. I wish he were out 40 years ago. And I would not shed a tear if he croaked tomorrow.

JustJoe:

I agree with you 100% on all that you said. The two points I was trying to make were:

1) It is wrong (for many reasons) to suggest that McCain aligned himself with or took favors from the Vietnamese.
2) It is wrong to wish death on the man because you don't approve of the type of Republican he has been.

I don't wish death on him, I'd rather he'd just retire and go away. If he refuses to do that and his passing is the only way he leaves the senate, Then while I do not wish it on him, I sure recognize we'd all be a lot better off if it happened.

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
McCain can be part of the problem or part of the solution

he has chosen to be part of the problem

time for him to slip into the darkness and just not return

ever

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I admire his drive, determination, and ability to persist. I detest his seemingly obvious need to always be the smartest man in the room; and the only saint in a land of sinners.

He lost me with his VP choice.

Silent

Posts: 1025 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I heard him on Fox News tonight and he gave some pretty good statements. He has his moments.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I respect his military service. I think he suffered permanent brain damage from the torture. I do however wish he would FOAD. I'm sick of the damage he does in his political office.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been hoping for a murder/suicide pact between him and Maxine Waters but to no avail.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post