SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else wish Sen John McCain would STFU?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else wish Sen John McCain would STFU? Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
He wants so much to be liked by the opposition and the media (redundancy) that he says and does stupid shit, oblivious that they turned on him when things started getting serious.

"Why don't you like me?? YOU WILL LIKE ME!!!"

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dont forget his cohort Lindsey Graham .

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Mc Cain is the Republican equivalent of Pete Stark.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
Rather than STFU. I wish he would FOAD. I have no use for the dishonest prick. He probably became a VN citizen while captive then starting singing "America the Beautiful" when our guys showed up.

Too much my friend. I don't agree with his politics, I think he was a crap candidate in 2008 and the evidence is that he wasn't very good at driving airplanes.

Calling him out for being a turncoat is way over the top.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
I agree with Greco.

The brainwashing just took a little longer to kick in.

Might want to focus on your politics and politicians up there in Washington a bit more instead of trying to defend a turncoat we have in our backyard.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Benedict Arnold was a courageous general officer, who won important victories, such as the capture of Fort Ticonderoga, and was seriously wounded and nearly killed in the service of his country. Benedict Arnold-- you know, the traitor? His later treachery blotted out his earlier service.

McCain the RINO has a 40 year career of duplicity, weakness, self-aggrandizement and generally strengthening the Uniparty to the great harm to our country. If he and Benedict Arnold were about to go over a waterfall and I had to rescue one of them, I'd save Arnold.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I don't even listen to him anymore. If Republicans don't even bother reacting to him then it'll quickly become clear that the only people who consider him relevant are the media and the Democrats.

IOW, it'll become crystal clear to everyone that he's just a Democrat.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
His VN service card expired long ago. This turd is the fifth column, as far as I'm concerned. Yes, he needs to FOAD.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like the kids used to say before they turned thirty, DUH! Songbird sucks.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm all for sending him Harry Reid's old workout equipment.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
He had a great opponent a conservative woman physician, but he crushed with $$$$$$$$$ too bad the voters of AZ didn't elect her.

She, Kelly Ward, is preparing to challenge Jeff Flake in 2018. Flake is as bad as McCain.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Long past the time he should have got his walking papers, time to retire or die.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
quote:
He had a great opponent a conservative woman physician, but he crushed with $$$$$$$$$ too bad the voters of AZ didn't elect her.

She, Kelly Ward, is preparing to challenge Jeff Flake in 2018. Flake is as bad as McCain.

I'm sure McLame will open up some of the war chest to ensure that his "Mini-Me" wins.

And yes, I was tired of McLame long before he was handed the GOP nomination. His ineptitude helped ensure we got a Zippy administration. Zippy won because a LOT of conservatives stayed home as they only had a choice between two DhimocRATS.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Yes, thanks to him for his Vietnam war service. But screw this RINO for everything he has said and done since.

Exactly, I said this just the other day. Gtfo already.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rather than STFU. I wish he would FOAD. I have no use for the dishonest prick. He probably became a VN citizen while captive then starting singing "America the Beautiful" when our guys showed up.

Sorry, that's just wrong.

1 - Do really wish he would Fuck Off And Die? Do you really wish death on the man?

2 - Read your history. Not only did McCain NOT colobaberate with the enemy, he refused early release from the camps. He spent five and a half years in that shithole, and the torture that he endured left him with lifetime physical limitations.

McCain my be a shitty Republican, but "back off" to anyone who would criticize or mock his military service to our country.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm all for sending him Harry Reid's old workout equipment.

That's not nice but I'm still laughing...

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
quote:

Kelly Ward was a good candidate and she did as well as could be expected against the war hero with the huge campaign war chest. I wish McLame had done the honorable thing and had not run for the Senate again in 2016. It's past time for him to fade away.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

Sorry, that's just wrong.

1 - Do really wish he would Fuck Off And Die? Do you really wish death on the man?

2 - Read your history. Not only did McCain NOT colobaberate with the enemy, he refused early release from the camps. He spent five and a half years in that shithole, and the torture that he endured left him with lifetime physical limitations.

McCain my be a shitty Republican, but "back off" to anyone who would criticize or mock his military service to our country.

I'm not military, and I know that you are, Ronin, but I would point out two things. Many who are military-- a lot of Vietnam vets-- don't think much of McCain's service, and his imprisonment. Some who were imprisoned and tortured with him make some serious accusations. You can google this topic if you want specific info. I take no sides in all that, but there is some question about his service.

Also, I believe the Uniform Code of Military Justice forbids an officer from accepting special treatment not offered to the rest of the enlisted men. McCain was obligated, under those terms, to refuse early release.

As far as I'm concerned-- okay, let's say that he really was a war hero. Since that time he has ridden a gravy train for 40 years, and has done *immense damage* to our nation.

I don't wish death on him, but I'd like to see him out of politics asap. I wish he were out 40 years ago. And I would not shed a tear if he croaked tomorrow.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as I'm concerned-- okay, let's say that he really was a war hero. Since that time he has ridden a gravy train for 40 years, and has done *immense damage* to our nation.

I don't wish death on him, but I'd like to see him out of politics asap. I wish he were out 40 years ago. And I would not shed a tear if he croaked tomorrow.

JustJoe:

I agree with you 100% on all that you said. The two points I was trying to make were:

1) It is wrong (for many reasons) to suggest that McCain aligned himself with or took favors from the Vietnamese.
2) It is wrong to wish death on the man because you don't approve of the type of Republican he has been.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Mc Cain is the Republican equivalent of Pete Stark.

...he's become more like the Maxine Waters of the GOP too much of the time

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post