SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
No; I've not had the antibody test but myself and several family members strongly suspect we had it in January. But later, if my health is challenged or the resistance isn't long lasting...I'll ask my doc about it.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
I’ll probably get one, after a few million other folks get theirs. We’ll see what happens to them first!

This. No desire to be a human guinea pig.

My thoughts as well....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Well, I’ve been studying, teaching and practicing evidence-based medicine for many years; I am in a high-risk group due to my age; and based on clinical trials the risk of my having a significant adverse reaction vs the benefit of protection is extremely low: otherwise said, the expected benefit greatly exceeds the expected cost/risk by many times.
So not only yes, but hell yes.

Yes.

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
God yes. I had it last December before the diagnosis actually existed. It damn near killed me. I still have painful and complex after effects. I'll take it as soon as I can.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Your reasons for yes or no are welcome if you wish to explain them, but please do not use your post as an excuse to cast aspersions on the people with whom you disagree. That includes ascribing supposed motives to people about whom you know nothing and thereby merely demonstrates your willingness to show your own ignorance. That sort of thing has been largely avoided in this thread thus far, but it seems to be something a few members here always have extreme difficulty in exercising the self-discipline to avoid. I realize it may be hard, but try, won't you? Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
While the manufacturers claim very high % of success, I would wait for awhile to see what the real world 'science' says. Then yes, I'd take the vaccine.

I haven't worn a mask since the ccp crud came ashore. I've lived my life as usual. I practice social distancing because I hate being around knuckleheads. I wash my hands and use sanitizer. Maybe I've been lucky to avoid the crud, but I'd take the vaccine to improve the odds.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Yes, to me same as a flu shot in which I get every year.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
No. Ive been lucky so far so no. Not afraid of it ,but I don't take the flu shot either. Guess I'm healthy as is so I don't rock the boat.

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
no. Not now, and not later

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Nope, unless required to, like to renew drivers license, choose a health plan, go into a store. I'm pretty sure I'll never fly commercial again. I don't believe it's biologically necessary, just like I don't get flu shots.

I remember thalidomide.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mikeyspizza,

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Not immediately, no.

Now that I have had COVID-19 I would prefer to see to what extent, if any, natural immunity forms.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Not in the first wave. Once it's been given enough to have more accurate numbers regarding reactions I'll make the decision.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
No not planning on it!!

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The government better be speaking to Madison Avenue. In the late fifties teens were declining the polio vaccine. Elvis was filmed taking it and certain dances only admitted those who had been vaccinated.
Not long ago the Anthrax vaccine was mandatory for those in the service. A cardiovascular surgeon declined and they booted him out of the service.
I am guessing many have not seen what COVID can do to a healthy body. The percentage of those that have long term cognitive difficulties is especially concerning.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested here is an informative article on mrna vaccines. This is not like any vaccine we have ever had. I think I will wait it out and see some short and long term effects before I willingly take it.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/...-covid-vaccine-race/

Posts: 12659 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
True. Thanks for posting. The first Polio vaccine had live virus, the second did not. If I remember correctly my parents made me take both. Small pox started with Variolation and then progressed. Good article.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe it has been too rushed and there are lots of unknowns right now so....not until they can convince me it is safe.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Hard No. Its a live trial not a vaccine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...se-positive.amp.html

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
need more info -- but I'm inclined to yes

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Frankly, I'd be more comfortable being purposely infected with the Wuhan than injected with this vaccine. That is 100% the truth.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post