SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I got my first pfizer shot today so will see what happens when I go back on feb. 15 for the second. A friend's relatives reported some very mild flu like aches etc. after their second shot that only lasted a day.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I got my second Moderna shot yesterday. As always I massaged the injection site heavily while waiting during the observation period and haven’t experienced much pain there. I can sleep on that side with no problem.

On the other hand, about 12 hours after the shot I awoke in bed with the worst chills I recall ever experiencing. I was literally shivering and my teeth were chattering if I didn’t keep my mouth firmly closed. The good news was that when I finally got out of bed (braving even more cold) and took a couple of aspirin, the chills went away after about 30 minutes. I’ve been feeling a little groggy since getting up this morning, but that seems to be improving as well. Hopefully I won’t experience any of the other side effects I was warned about.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Since chills seem to be a pretty common reaction, I may just take some ibuprofen before my second dose and keep ahead of it for 12-24 hours.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wife and I got our first Pfizer Trump Shots at Kaiser yesterday, have appointments for second shot 2/11.

My wife works for a hospital and got her first Pfizer Trump Shot last week...
No real symptoms but we will see after the second.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Just got my first Moderna shot an hour ago. I hate shots and even seeing someone get one. This one didn't hurt at all, barely felt it. Reasonably nice folks at the huge church where they were giving them. The girl said they haven't had any reactions so far, and hope it stays that way.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Not that I could begin to judge whether it’s valid, but some authorities recommend that pain killers not be taken in advance of the shot because of concerns that they might interfere with the body’s reaction to the vaccine and its production of antibodies. I.e., the fever, etc., are caused by the inflammation that indicates the vaccine is accomplishing what it’s supposed to.

As I say, I have no way of knowing if that’s valid, but I ran across the concern more than once when I was researching the matter.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
17 of my coworkers got their second Moderna dose yesterday. 11 are out today sick, most with flu-like symptoms. One says he had a fever of 102.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Not that I could begin to judge whether it’s valid, but some authorities recommend that pain killers not be taken in advance of the shot because of concerns that they might interfere with the body’s reaction to the vaccine and its production of antibodies. I.e., the fever, etc., are caused by the inflammation that indicates the vaccine is accomplishing what it’s supposed to.

As I say, I have no way of knowing if that’s valid, but I ran across the concern more than once when I was researching the matter.

I've read that too. It seems like one of those "we don't know" sorts of issues.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Picture of bjor13
posted Hide Post
the 2 vaccines are different, why aren't we hearing about which is available or any details of either?

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Report This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
They don't give a choice of which one you get at this time. Here in NH is the Moderna as it's produced here in NH.

So far I know quite a few who have received it with no bad side effects. A sore arm seems to be the most common but I got that with the flu or shingles vac. They told me because it's a musclar injection and not into the blood stream that is a common side effect.

I'm due on the 5th.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Got my first Moderna shot Monday.
Very small needle and maybe a second or two. I hate shots and I didn't feel much more than the cold from the alcohol and not even a slight sting.
By the next day there was a slight bruise type feeling at the site that was gone the next day. I couldn't tell any noticeable difference in how I felt afterwards.
The bottom line, the most unpleasant part was arranging to get the shot appointment. The good news is they made both appointments so as long as there isn't a supply problem, I should be in good shape.
Now to hope they work as advertised on any strains and don't require frequent booster shots.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bjor13:
the 2 vaccines are different, why aren't we hearing about which is available or any details of either?

I’m not sure I understand your question about the details, but there is information on the Internet.

One difference, for example, is that the Pfizer must be stored at a much lower temperature (–70° IIRC) than the Moderna. In Colorado that meant the former was available only in the larger cities where such low temperature facilities were available. We in smaller communities got Moderna. The facilities that are dispensing the vaccines will tell us which version they have if asked.

The consensus seems to be at this time that both vaccines are equally effective against the strain of the disease for which they were designed.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
The misses got her first Pfizer shot 2 weeks ago with no problems. She should get her 2nd one on Feb. 4th.

I will get my 1st Pfizer shot on Feb. 11th. Very difficult and complicated to get signed up here in MA and not a lot available.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2408 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Report This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
I had my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine in late Dec, second dose on Jan 8. Had arm soreness for a day each time, same as I get with the flu shot. Second dose, I did feel a little tired the next day, took a nap (of course I had also been to work late high may have played a role). Otherwise, no symptoms. One of my co-workers had a fever for a day after the second dose. No one else with any significant reaction that I have heard of. Really, not a reaction, but just your body’s response.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Report This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Having already had and survived the ‘rona it seems silly for me to get a shot I wouldn’t be getting anyway.

I hereby donate my dose(s) to someone wishing to be a guinea-pig for big pharma and their multi-billion dollar profit machine now with no liability!

Helping people, it’s what I do....

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10930 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I will pass on getting a Wu-tang flu shot, unless they tell me to go to the concentration camp if I don't get one, or they might suggest the gulag!

Archerman

Posts: 2485 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Report This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
The second Pfizer shot was a little rough for me. Got it at noon yesterday, felt really lousy overnight with headache and tiredness. Thought I felt right in the morning - but once I got to work had the chills, super tired, joint/muscle aches. Didn't subside until 10:30pm tonight.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Report This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I had the Rona too, so no hurry on any shot. I think at some point it will be required for work or travel.

Some want to be 1st in line, others say, no. I’m neutral on the shot, this Summer is about right for me.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Report This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, a doctor I work with got the virus. He described his experience as really rough. He got better. And he got the vaccine. Worth nothing perhaps. Just a data point.

My second dose lit me up pretty good. Pfizer. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and I felt flaring. In a day I was 80% better. In two, near as I could tell, 100%.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife and I got ours two days ago here in west central Ohio. It only took about a half hour including the after shot wait period to assure no reaction to it. Well organized in Ohio for this.Republican controlled you know. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Report This Post