SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Here in PA they just changed the guidelines to correspond with the CDCs, so now my wife & I are eligible for the vaccine. She goes for her annual physical tomorrow & she'll get us appointments to get the shots.

I just do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:

I just do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

Now that right there is memorable!

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5039 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Yep

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Report This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
3am. I'm up with chills and joint pain from the 2nd Pfizer shot. The joint pain is my RA, which I'm certain was triggered by the vaccine. Took a Nyquil PM flu pill. Hoping to be back asleep in an hour.

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I'm up with chills and joint pain from the 2nd Pfizer shot.

Please let us know how it goes.

Although I started this poll to check the opinions on getting the shot, it’s evolved into a discussion of how it affects those who have gotten it, and I find that informative as well. I also appreciate commentary about all the other factors relating to the disease itself being kept in the original thread rather than cluttering up this one—which most people have done, so thanks to all.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter got dose 2 on Monday and didn't have any ill effects. I'm up for #2 on 2/6

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My mother-in-law and her best friend got the Pfizer shot this week in AZ at the Cardinal's stadium. So far, so good. They're both in their 80s.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Not getting the shot, but worked at the county vaccine site directing vehicles in and out. NC Emergency Mgmt requested Civil Air Patrol assistance. About 1,000 got vaccinated in 8 hours.

I asked what they do with the empty vaccine bottles and the nurse said they throw them away. I asked if I could have one for a souvenir and nurse said she'd save me one and to come back later. I went back later and she was gone. I asked the replacement nurse. She said no, because if someone steals if from your house and fills it with something and sells it on the internet, the bottle could be traced back to them. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
My 95-year old mother-in-law got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine today. She's fine; we'll have to see how the second round goes.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Some at my hospital came off both shots without effect. Most seem to have felt the 2nd shot. Some pretty rough. All report better in a day. I'm feeling fairly ok now. About +33 hours for me at this point.

My 89 y/o dad (89 years, 355 days) got Moderna from the VA. He's doing fine. Mom (85) got Pfizer today. Both only their first thus far.

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Report This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
My wife volunteers with the health dept giving covid shots. She called late afternoon and asked me if I wanted one as a few no-shows missed their appt and once the vaccine vial is opened there is a 6 hour window and then it is tossed out. I passed.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Got my first shot Saturday. I was in the wrong place at the right time.
The news had mentioned of a local phamacy having 400 doses. This was 50 minutes before they started. Thinking this had been out for a time, and that family and friends were already there I decided to go down and complain. I got there and...was twelfth in line. I called my wife to get down ASAP! They went fast, I got the shot and a date for the second. Meanwhile my wife showered, dressed and got lost driving down. She gets to number 10, THEN they announced it’s only for health care and first responders. Seems the health department checked.
Since then I’ve been online trying to get a reservation. Washington is in the bottom 20 of the states in vaccinations. Worse, there’s no standardization in the sites.
Oh, sore arm for two days. Nothing else.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine this morning. No issues at all so far.

Posts: 410 | Location: PA | Registered: November 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I got my zombie ehrrr COVID 19 vaccine today. It was the Moderna.

I was injected at 10:15 AM, at the time didn't really feel it, heck the last flu shot hurt worse, but now as I write this at 2:30 PM, my arm hurts a lot.

I almost didn't get it, I didn't feel very confident that when I showed up at the high school there was an ambulance sitting in the parking lot.

After I got the shot I was told to set in my car for 15 minutes and if I needed help honk my car horn and the EMT's would come to me.

ARman

posted Hide Post
Got round one of the Moderna this afternoon. So far so good.

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Report This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Wife and I go in on the 31st for our first dose of the Moderna.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Got first shot of Moderna yesterday, arm a little sore. Nothing more than a yearly flu shot. No side effects. Scheduled for 2nd dose next month. In Orange County CA, the vaccine information is being tracked in an App. I would expect that soon we will need to show proof of vaccination before being allowed on any common carrier... And possibly before entry into any Federal facilities...

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
No way I am getting any shot. No way I am getting Covid. I come in contact with hundreds of unmasked people a day. I wear a mask and sanitize my hands after each delivery. Fuck Covid. Fuck Biden.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Got mine Last Saturday.I was in the wrong place at the right time. It was after I receive the vaccine they decided it should only go to 1A.
Two days sore arm. Nothing else.
The Health department emails to have me tell them how I’m doing. Sorry guys, still healthy.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Well, California, or at least San Diego, is moving ahead.
Wife and I got our first Pfizer Trump Shots at Kaiser yesterday, have appointments for second shot 2/11.
I was told by a doctor we saw later in the day that the second shot will cause more symptoms, so not looking forward to that.
But I am looking forward to five weeks hence when presumably we will have achieved peak immunity.

Thank you, President Trump!!

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post