SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Very good friend just got his appointment to get his shot, March 16. He is 90, on 4th pacemaker, COPD, heart issues, some AFIB, etc. But yet, some places are having to throw out vaccine because it has expired. Another local county gives it by appt. only, and caps that at 100 a day, for in-car shots even. Makes NO sense at all. Hell, I could give 100 shots a day to drive-up folks, and I have no medical training. Makes no sense at all.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Scheduled to get the shot tomorrow. Frown
ONLY at the insistence by my wife.
So off kicking and screaming I go. Eek

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Watergoat:
Very good friend just got his appointment to get his shot, March 16. He is 90, on 4th pacemaker, COPD, heart issues, some AFIB, etc. But yet, some places are having to throw out vaccine because it has expired. Another local county gives it by appt. only, and caps that at 100 a day, for in-car shots even. Makes NO sense at all. Hell, I could give 100 shots a day to drive-up folks, and I have no medical training. Makes no sense at all.

We all know that whatever the government has their fingers in, gets fucked up. No reason to expect this is any different.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Report This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Lots of folks I work with got their 2nd shot this week. They definitely seemed to feel it. All reporting back to 100% in about 24 hours. My 2nd shot is next week.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Report This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Got my first shot today. Arm is a bit sore, similar to a Flu shot.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I just signed up, have to now wait 2 weeks.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I both got our 1st Shot on the 13th of this month.

No big deal.

The shots I had to get before going into Somolia in "92", now that was a pain. Wink

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I registered for it today. Texas doesn't yet have a lot of the vaccine, so shots are by appointment only in Dallas. I suspect my age and Diabetes will make me fairly high on the priority list. They'll contact me for an appointment.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Got mine yesterday. Apparently when I signed up I picked the wrong date, so when I went in to get it last Friday, I was told to come back yesterday. I was kinda ok with that, since it gave everybody another week to beta test before I got stuck. The appointment system seem to be working, as there was no line. Shot was no big deal...arm a little sore by evening, but it's already feeling better. They made everyone wait 15 minutes before leaving to make sure we didn't swell up and die. Nobody did. A bunch of the other guys from work got it last week, there have been no adverse reactions that I've heard of.

The one they are giving here is the Pfizer one. Apparently they can only be out of the freezer for so long. I guess they had an extra one that was about to run out of time while I was in there. We were right off the main lobby of the hospital, and there was some old guy standing out there, so they went and asked him if he wanted it. He did, so they registered him really quick and gave it to him. Right place at the right time, I guess.

Posts: 8546 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my first dose this morning.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dad received his first vaccine shot 6 days ago. No issues -- he said it was comparable to a typical flu shot.

Posts: 7868 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Report This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My wife and a few hundred coworkers now have two Pfizer shots. No issues.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No real interest in getting this vaccine. I suspect my employer might try to mandate it though. Should be interesting.

Posts: 7461 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Report This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Sure, just as soon as I can. No problem.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Scheduled to get the shot tomorrow. Frown
ONLY at the insistence by my wife.
So off kicking and screaming I go. Eek

Nothing to worry about if she's not your life insurance policy benficiary.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8660 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adobesig:
Sure, just as soon as I can. No problem.

Oh, I remember them back in '68 in boot camp.
One in each arm simultaneous by the Corpsman.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We're (cops) allegedly next to get it in my area. I probably will, but I'd honestly rather give my dose to somebody high risk.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Report This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Just got my 1st dose of Moderna today. We'll see if I turn into a lizard.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I happened to hear about on-line registration opening for appointments about 30 minutes before the site went live today. I managed to get in and grab a slot for my first shot this Sunday morning. So, we'll see how it goes.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I got my first Pfizer shot today. Go back Feb 8th for the second. I don't feel anything out of normal. My arm isn't even sore.
The hospital where I went was really busy giving the vaccine.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16510 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post