SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

You, however, evidently took my response as endorsement of the idea that such a requirement be imposed this time ...

To be clear, I did not take your comment to mean that. In fact, my perception of you would default to the contrary just from your posting history (that is meant as a compliment). But again, I certainly didn't take it as an endorsement.

To the rest, I don't believe we have any disagreement. Your point is a valid one.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
To be clear ....

My apologies for my unwarranted remarks.

Posts: 47396 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Not surprised to see this. There are many methods the government can use to ensure compliance. Expect to have a vaccine card if you wish to travel abroad.

Restricted travel could be the least of the worries.

NY SB416 Quarantine Camp & Forced Vaccinations

https://brandnewtube.com/watch...8CqAQ1RXlcFPlrW.html

Looks like the page was conveniently removed. 404, page not found

Here is the link again from Bit Chute.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/uUH7PfMM8bcp/

New York State Assembly Bill A416
https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2021/a416

**** Edited to add new Bit Chute link ****

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jupiter,

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That they would openly propose rounding up and detaining people should scare the hell out of people. Yet, there are those lemmings who will support this and even line up and march off for the camps if told to.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Report This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I received so many vaccinations for so many diseases with the Air Force that I cannot count them. Vaccinations were mandatory for all military, and you got special another special round of shots when going to certain parts of the world. I Visited many, many countries, and with some, no matter who you were, had to show an international vaccination certificate (you know the yellow booklet) before you could get on the airplane. Proof of vaccinations is not a new concept.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
I received so many vaccinations for so many diseases with the Air Force that I cannot count them. Vaccinations were mandatory for all military, and you got special another special round of shots when going to certain parts of the world. I Visited many, many countries, and with some, no matter who you were, had to show an international vaccination certificate (you know the yellow booklet) before you could get on the airplane. Proof of vaccinations is not a new concept.

Have you seen any red flags concerning this whole Covid-19 pandemic HayesGreener? Any at all?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:

Looks like the page was conveniently removed. 404, page not found

Here is the link again from Bit Chute.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/uUH7PfMM8bcp/

That they would openly propose rounding up and detaining people should scare the hell out of people. Yet, there are those lemmings who will support this and even line up and march off for the camps if told to.

I agree.
Unbelievable, but true!

**** Edited to add new Bit Chute link ****

-- George Orwell

posted Hide Post
Like other posters here, I too received many vaccines while serving on active duty. The difference is that those vaccines were vetted and tested.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Seems as if that was a requirement as a part of employment/enlistment into the armed services, everyone agreed to this as a condition of "employment" so to speak.

Now forcing every business to validate a vaccine card before access is allowed is forcing everyone to obtain the vaccine regardless of their belief system, personal, religious, etc in order to shop, move, live.

So before you can get your ham and eggs you'll need a vaccine card, or shop online, increasing the wealth of the tech crowd, ever wonder why Prop 22 went through? YOu need home delivery, which failed in the capitalist open market, it thrives when you cut off access to food or limit it...

It's not even close to the same thing...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Seems as if that was a requirement as a part of employment/enlistment into the armed services, everyone agreed to this as a condition of "employment" so to speak.

Now forcing every business to validate a vaccine card before access is allowed is forcing everyone to obtain the vaccine regardless of their belief system, personal, religious, etc in order to shop, move, live.

So before you can get your ham and eggs you'll need a vaccine card, or shop online, increasing the wealth of the tech crowd, ever wonder why Prop 22 went through? YOu need home delivery, which failed in the capitalist open market, it thrives when you cut off access to food or limit it...

It's not even close to the same thing...

I agree that what you describe is pretty extreme. My comments were focused on travel-and the fact that there were some places where no one could go without vaccinations, military or otherwise. And that requiring proof of vaccination is not a new concept.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of uvahawk
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agreed. Similar experience. The yellow booklet was not only the standard for the USG but also private sector travelers who had to meet the requirements of foreign countries (yellow fever, for example).

Posts: 161 | Location: Low Country, South Carolina | Registered: November 28, 2004Report This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Well, my county in NWFL has finally set up vaccine appointments. Finally found out the secret phone number from a doctor friend. Appt for the two of us Jan. 22.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What Western countries have you ever needed a "vaccine booklet" for to travel to as a civilian?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think he is an Africa kind of guy, maybe New Guinea or Madagascar. LOL
BTW Google says Australia requires vaccine booklet.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t seem to matter which countries have a booklet. Even if the whole world did, majority still doesn't make something right. Ebola or something, maybe. Flu, not so much.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Getting the first dose tomorrow. We shall see how it goes.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Spieler
posted Hide Post
No.

I will not be a Beta tester for a rushed pharmaceutical to "protect" against an enhanced flu virus that has a +98% recovery rate.

I am not high-risk, I have a healthy and functional immune system and quite frankly, I find it hard what to believe anymore regarding this virus.

Media, politicians, big Pharma, and special interest have all twisted this thing I can't tell what's true anymore.

But I won't be a guinea pig for drugs. No thanks.

Posts: 2433 | Location: ATL South OTP | Registered: December 06, 2002Report This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
Well, my county in NWFL has finally set up vaccine appointments. Finally found out the secret phone number from a doctor friend. Appt for the two of us Jan. 22.

Last night I found out that a nearby hospital has some leftover & are shooting up us seniors. Signed up online for Thursday.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Report This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I got my first dose Monday and things went perfect. Looking forward to the second dose.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
Last night I found out that a nearby hospital has some leftover & are shooting up us seniors.

If we cannot benefit from enough people getting the vaccine to halt the spread of the disease, at least the ones who refuse make it possible for those lower on the precedence lists to get it sooner.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47396 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post