SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Several more articles on Gab, Parker and Epoch Times on adverse reactions.

Still haven’t read a single thing that would want to make me get it. There really doesn’t appear to be an upside.

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
From the kingdom of deblasio and cuomo...if you live in ny and this bill passes, you may not have a choice.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/ne...accination-mandatory

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not surprised to see this. There are many methods the government can use to ensure compliance. Expect to have a vaccine card if you wish to travel abroad.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Got mine 4 days ago. Minor soreness to the arm on day 2. Woke up day 3 feeling perfectly normal. Some folks seemed to get more sore than others, other than that I haven’t seen or heard of any negative effects locally.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Bumpety-bump-bump.

DOCTORS WARN AGAINST COVID-19 VACCINE

https://brandnewtube.com/watch...khnOGVueLTjZEjm.html

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Daughter and son-in-law are both Kaiser docs; both received dose #1 of Pfizer last week. Daughter had no reaction, but son-in-law was ill with a 102* fever for about 36 hours - he recovered in another day and is fine now.

I will take either vaccine as soon as it's offered to me.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
Daughter and son-in-law are both Kaiser docs; both received dose #1 of Pfizer last week. Daughter had no reaction, but son-in-law was ill with a 102* fever for about 36 hours - he recovered in another day and is fine now.

I will take either vaccine as soon as it's offered to me.

Reads like as long as you survive the 1st week, everything is good to go. No worries about longer term issues then.
I think you should take it as soon as possible.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Our county opened their phone bank today for scheduling for over 65's, and they got SLAMMED with phone calls-I have ben trying for hours to get through. The sooner in can get this vaccine the better.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Not surprised to see this. There are many methods the government can use to ensure compliance. Expect to have a vaccine card if you wish to travel abroad.

Betting that all travel domestic or international, privately or on commercial conveyance, Air, Boat, Plane, all are going to require your V-Card.

Wouldn't be surprised if some major retailers entertain the thought of checking V-Cards for liability issues. Instead of smoking or no smoking it's going to be Vaccinated or No Vaccination (meaning no entry) add sporting events, Super Bowl, Worlds Series, Augusta, college football etc...

No Card No Ticket No Laundry......

Maybe we'll be able to wear a scarlet V on our chests....

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Our county opened their phone bank today for scheduling for over 65's, and they got SLAMMED with phone calls-I have ben trying for hours to get through. The sooner in can get this vaccine the better.

Yes, somebody else told me the phones and the website are down. I too want to get this ASAP.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It wouldn’t be the first time that a vaccination was required for certain travel. That used to be true of the smallpox vaccination; many (most?) countries wouldn’t allow travelers in without certification.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Sigfreund. Truth. I was a pin cushion before the family moved to Saigon way back when...

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reads like as long as you survive the 1st week, everything is good to go. No worries about longer term issues then.

I would not say 1-2 weeks is clearance for long-term issues. 6-12months - perhaps. This is why vaccines are not rushed to market in the first place.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Betting that all travel domestic or international, privately or on commercial conveyance, Air, Boat, Plane, all are going to require your V-Card.

Fuck that noise and anyone who supports it.

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
It wouldn’t be the first time that a vaccination was required for certain travel. That used to be true of the smallpox vaccination; many (most?) countries wouldn’t allow travelers in without certification.

This Chinese virus isn't even in the same corner of the universe as smallpox.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Did I say it was?
Try rereading it.
If that is too difficult, what I said was that travel quarantines have been imposed in the past. I cited smallpox as an example of one. I said nothing about the respective virulence of the two diseases.
It is amazing how defensive some people are about their positions on this pandemic.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Presently I carry a vaccination card at all times, because there are a number of countries that require it. Specifically, the yellow fever shot, but I carry the full vaccination record, as there's no reason not to.

I could beat my chest and refuse to carry a vaccination card, but then I'd lose my job as there are a number of countries I couldn't enter, and I' useless to my employer if the employer has to hand-pick what countries I can visit.

Presently I have every vaccination of which I'm aware, and as others become available, I'll take those, too.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Report This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

And so it will begin: first the card for whuan status. Then it will track other vaccinations. Then diseases you have and have had. Then your genetic make-up, just in case you might impregnate someone while traveling. And then include mental health history and propensity for mental issues due to stress or other environmental factors - never know when you just might lose it. And lets of course include factors that predispose you to violence (ie - white conservative hetero male; of course radical islamists will be excepted). There is a slippery slope to these 'innocuous' cards.

Against such a thing but I'll be long dead as these things happen. Old age, disease or casualty of civil war. The leftists who remain can suck it.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Did I say it was?
Try rereading it.
If that is too difficult, what I said was that travel quarantines have been imposed in the past. I cited smallpox as an example of one. I said nothing about the respective virulence of the two diseases.
It is amazing how defensive some people are about their positions on this pandemic.

Defensive? Jesus, look in the mirror.

We've never required adults to be vaccinated for something as benign as covid before. I'm simply remarking about the contrast of the two, and why requiring a smallpox vaccination still doesn't justify a vaccination requirement for covid to travel.

Relax a bit, eh.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:

I would not say 1-2 weeks is clearance for long-term issues. 6-12months - perhaps. This is why vaccines are not rushed to market in the first place.

No amount of time would be clearance for this DARPA/Gates Foundation/WHO funded B.S..

-- George Orwell

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I believe I understand now. The following was the comment I was responding to:
“Betting that all travel domestic or international, privately or on commercial conveyance, Air, Boat, Plane, all are going to require your V-Card.”

I understood it to be a speculative question about what sorts of requirements might be imposed in the future. My response was about that and that only, i.e., whether vaccination certificates might be required for travel. Because they have been required in the past, it seems likely that they might be required again in the future. My mention of smallpox vaccination certificates was to cite a past example.

quote:
We've never required adults to be vaccinated for something as benign as covid before.

You, however, evidently took my response as endorsement of the idea that such a requirement be imposed this time despite my not intending or stating anything of the sort. Now I bic, but FWIW I have no strong feelings one way or the other. What will be will be and I have other things to occupy my thoughts and concerns—such as, occasionally, offering up my knowledge of history for those I believe might be interested. I am frequently reminded, though, that I should be more cautious about saying anything concerning controversial subjects, as I was this time.

6.4/93.6

— Plato