SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
New Information from the CDC. 12/19/2020.
Anaphylaxis in UK Following COVID-19 Vaccination.
BY Dec. 18, 112,807 have received 1st dose.
3,150 have had Health Impact Events.
Health Impact Events are defined as "**unable to perform normal daily activities, unable to work, required care from doctor or health care professional

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/a...9/05-COVID-CLARK.pdf

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Man, it would be awesome if there were a thread for discussion beyond the simple yes/not/why question posed by the OP.

I wonder.....

^^^^^^^^
Apparently some prefer a wall of text.

No, shorter replies were given; longer replies were addressing other's comments, as the discussion had grown, over 13 pages, to be more than "yes," or "no."

Rather than worry about what others write, feel free not to read it, but to post your own words.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Just saw on the news that there is also a new strain (mutation) of the virus that is estimated to be 70% more contagious.
2021 may be even worse than 2020.

Unless of course, this is just more BS.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My wife got the vaccine today. So far only a sore arm. Coworkers that got it Friday said the same thing with a few having an off taste in their mouth afterward.

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Just saw on the news that there is also a new strain (mutation) of the virus that is estimated to be 70% more contagious.
2021 may be even worse than 2020.

Unless of course, this is just more BS.

Yeah, saw that too. I've about given up believing what anyone says about this virus. If I get it, then I get it. That's where I'm at.

Hell, In the meantime I'll probably get that shot if it's free.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
How do they assign a "70% more contagious" rating to a NEW strain of COVID? Based on what empirical evidence?

I guess I won't be concerned with the new vaccine since this new Super Strain obviously isn't covered by it.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
They're giving the shot to us at work.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I guess I won't be concerned with the new vaccine since this new Super Strain obviously isn't covered by it.

Again, inaccurate info based apparently on researching this by looking at a fence or something equally useless.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again, inaccurate info based apparently on researching this by looking at a fence or something equally useless.

^^^^
LOL Or asking at the bus stop. That is where I get my medical information!

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

What do you do? I assume it is a choice?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine here in Los Angeles yesterday. Our local hospital had extra doses since about half of the staff declined, so they offered it to EMS. Our dedicated Moderna doses were scheduled to arrive next week, so this gave us a 1-2 week headstart. No major side effects so far but my arm is sore, very similar to a Tetanus shot. We were told about 30% would experience some flu like symptoms after the 2nd dose scheduled in 3 weeks. To be honest after treating hundreds of Covid patients Im not worried personally about the virus anymore, but I have a pregnant wife at 2 other young ones at home. To me the advantages outweigh the risks, so Im willing to be part of the test market. They gave us some documentation with reporting information if we experience any side effects that will be reported directly to the FDA and CDC.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Coworkers that got it Friday said the same thing with a few having an off taste in their mouth afterward.
So the kung flu gives you no taste and the vaccine gives you an off taste. Go figure! Big Grin

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not interested. I will get it eventually and move on. I am not an anti-vaxer just not a believer in flu shots (they are too hit or miss). The last flu shot I got was in the Army in 1978. I have had plenty of vaccines since then... yellow fever, tetanus, Hep A, Typhoid, Meningitis...

West German Sig P220, P6, P226, BDA

Posts: 89 | Location: NE Ohio Willoughby | Registered: December 13, 2018Report This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I'm in the midst of a severe reaction to the shingrix vaccine.

This will be a hard NO for me.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What happened??

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

What do you do? I assume it is a choice?

City police officer.
We’re allowed to say no for religious or medical reasons. They give us the flu shot every year too.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I suspicion if you research your rights. You can say no as it is a free country, no? They can only force you if you let them.

I suspect a lawsuit might shake the power to be to their senses.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Got the shot (Moderna) yesterday. I wish one of the side effects was "gets rid of unwanted belly fat" but alas...

My arm is sore.

Will update when I get the next dose or fall critically ill.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What the hell...I'll do it. I figure that it's better than waiting to catch rona.

As for that yearly vaccination...since being diagnosed with my at-risk condition 29 years ago (lupus), I've had a flu shot every year since (doctor's orders; she was particularly demanding...and damn pretty too. So I'm a sucker for good looks...). Near as I can tell the CDC only missed once during that time where I actually caught the flu at some point after having been immunized. They might've missed more than that during that time frame but based on my own personal track record, getting the crud once out of 29 years isn't a particularly bad result.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I got emailed by CDC/VAMS yesterday that I am in a priority group and should register for an appointment.
I'm going to wait a bit on this.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post