SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Just looking at Google results, it seems re-infection occurs, but only rarely.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

My suspicion on those few documented cases is that they may have had some unrecognized immuno-deficiency.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:

If that's true, then you would have to have the vaccine regimen on a regular basis as well which they aren't recommending..

No, that’s false logic.

You are confusing any immunity associated with the virus, with any immunity associated with the vaccine(s).

Further, more than one dose of the vaccine IS required, and given the limited scope and short duration of the trials preparatory to emergency authorizations for the vaccine use, we do not know the long term resistance granted by use of the vaccine.

We DO know that if you have had Covid-19, you CAN get it again. (Despite a highly scientific “google search”)

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Report This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
We DO know that if you have had Covid-19, you CAN get it again. (Despite a highly scientific “google search”)

No, what we DO know is that you can test positive for WuFlu again. You can also test negative, and then positive, and then negative again as well....so Roll Eyes

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

If that's true, then you would have to have the vaccine regimen on a regular basis as well which they aren't recommending..

No, that’s false logic.

You are confusing any immunity associated with the virus, with any immunity associated with the vaccine(s).

Further, more than one dose of the vaccine IS required, and given the limited scope and short duration of the trials preparatory to emergency authorizations for the vaccine use, we do not know the long term resistance granted by use of the vaccine.

We DO know that if you have had Covid-19, you CAN get it again. (Despite your highly scientific “google search”)

Yes it is a two dose series. They have not said future doses will be required.

Yes, some individuals have contracted it more than once, however if it was common there would be many more documented cases of this happening. Can != will contract it again if re-exposed.

Additionally, the mRNA vaccines are only targeting spike, while acquired immunity likely produces antibodies and humoral immunity to more than one target.

https://www.justfacts.com/news...d-19_essential_facts
quote:

All of the above facts about immunology in general and C-19 in particular were published in medical journals, textbooks, or encyclopedias near the outset of the pandemic in March 2020 or earlier. Yet, the World Health Organization sowed confusion around this issue by publishing a scientific brief and a tweet on April 24th that stated: “There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from #COVID19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection.”

Many media outlets parroted that claim, even though the World Health Organization deleted its tweet later that day and wrote: “Earlier today we tweeted about a new WHO scientific brief on ‘immunity passports’. The thread caused some concern & we would like to clarify: We expect that most people who are infected with #COVID19 will develop an antibody response that will provide some level of protection.”

That clarification was closer to the truth but still misleading because it ignored these three key facts that were already proven by that time:

The virus that causes C-19 has low mutational capacity.
The virus that causes C-19 is very vulnerable to antibody neutralization.
Viruses with these attributes are easy to protect against because vaccines and acquired immunity commonly provide long-lasting immunity against them.

Since April 2020, a torrent of research has continued to confirm those facts:

In May, the South Korean CDC published a study of 285 people who contracted C-19, recovered, and then tested positive again. Contrary to the assumption that they must have caught the disease a second time, the study found no evidence that even one these individuals was infectious. Viral culture testing was performed on 108 of the subjects, and “all had negative results.” Also, “no case was found” in which someone “was newly infected solely from contact with” one of the people. These facts indicate that these positive C-19 tests were caused by remnants of dead or harmless virus particles. Thus, South Korea changed its policy to treat such individuals as non-infectious.

In August, the journal Cell published a study of the immune system responses of 206 people in Sweden who had contracted C-19. Unlike other studies that only looked for antibodies, this one measured “T cells,” which are the body’s main source of “long-term immune protection.” This is important because antibodies quickly wane after infections, while T cells provide lasting immunity. The study found that:
100% of the subjects who had severe C-19 and 87% who had mild C-19 had “highly functional memory T cell responses, suggesting that natural exposure or infection may prevent recurrent episodes of severe Covid-19.”
“In line with these observations, none of the convalescent individuals in this study, including those with previous mild disease, have experienced further episodes of Covid-19.”

In August, after C-19 had “affected over 23 million patients with more than 0.8 million deaths in over 200 countries,” the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases reported the first proven case of someone catching C-19 and then catching it again. This sometimes occurs with all infectious diseases—including with people who have been vaccinated—because immunity is not an all-or-nothing phenomenon. However, when it comes to C-19 and other ailments caused by viruses that are vulnerable to antibodies and have little capacity for mutations, such events are rare exceptions, not the rule.
In September, the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences published a genetic analysis of 18,514 virus samples collected from people who contracted C-19 in 84 different nations. The study found that mutations to date have been so “limited” that “a single vaccine” should be “broadly protective” on a “global” basis. The authors note this situation is very different from the viruses that cause HIV, the flu, and Dengue fever because their ample mutations make it nearly impossible to create effective vaccines against them.

In November, the journal Cell published a study of 15 people who recovered from mild cases of C-19 to determine if their immune systems developed “a multilayered defense that lasts.” The study found that all of them did, as evidenced by the presence of C-19-specific T cells and B cells in their blood. Both are sources of long-term immune protection, although T cells are the primary source. Researchers also tested the cells and found that they reacted appropriately when exposed to the virus that causes C-19. Those results, as the authors point out, are consistent with the fact that no one who previously had C-19 caught it again during major outbreaks on a fishing vessel and at an overnight camp.
Time will tell more about the mutations of the virus that causes C-19, but current indications are that it will not dramatically mutate and become an ongoing cause of numerous deaths.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Report This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I'm going to try really hard not to take any messenger RNA version of the vaccine. I think there is one or two brands that are not mRNA and two or three brands that ARE mRNA.

Wife has done a lot of research
(science prof in biological and chemical science classes with two BS degrees and an MS in environmental science - who worked in the real world 20 years before deciding to teach - so not the "if you can't do it; become a teacher" type)
and she is scared pretty badly by the mRNA stuff until we've been able to see long-term safety (like really long term - years and years. not just a rushed study during 2020).

I'm willing to take the other, more normal type of vaccine. I take a flu shot every year and I've had both shingrix shots without any major issues.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Do you believe Anthony Fauci has America's best interests at heart?
Here is a Vaccine debate between Robert Kennedy Jr. vs Alan Dershowitz. Lots of good information.
Whenever honest and open discussion takes place, everyone can make up their own mind.
The fact that MSM is trying to shut down anyone who speaks out against the Vaccine is very troubling and speaks volumes.

Listen to Robert Kennedy at the 37:34 mark in the video where he discusses the Patent Mr. Fauci holds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...&feature=emb_rel_end

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No, I will refuse to take it even though I am in the high risk category due to my age and other underlaying health issues. In addition as a police officer I mingle daily with the general public and do not have the option of working from home.
This vaccine was rushed into production and has severe side effects in some of the people who have taken this shot.

I do not trust big pharmacy to do the right thing in regards to creating a safe and efficient vaccine .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: m58,

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

My suspicion on those few documented cases is that they may have had some unrecognized immuno-deficiency.

Yes. False positives could also account for at least some claims of multiple infections for the same individual.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m58:
has severe side effects in about 4.5 % of the people who have taken this shot.

That's much higher than anything I've seen thus far. Do you have a source for that figure?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, I will refuse to take it even though I am in the high risk category due to my age and other underlaying health issues. In addition as a police officer I mingle daily with the general public and do not have the option of working from home.
This vaccine was rushed into production and has severe side effects in about 4.5 % of the people who have taken this shot.

I do not trust big pharmacy to do the right thing in regards to creating a safe and efficient vaccine .

I think the next shoe to drop is to require those in Civil Service to take it as a Condition of Employment?

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Report This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
ER doc here, taking care of COVID patients more now than at any point previously. This shit has to get stopped. ICUs are at capacity everywhere, no matter what they may be saying (opening PACU beds as ICUs is effectively expanding capacity above 100%). Getting the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
ER doc here, taking care of COVID patients more now than at any point previously. This shit has to get stopped. ICUs are at capacity everywhere, no matter what they may be saying (opening PACU beds as ICUs is effectively expanding capacity above 100%). Getting the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow.

Are most of the patients you're seeing COVID only or did something else bring them into the ER in the first place?

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
They started giving it yesterday at the VA hospital where I work at. They sent all employees a survey. I replied NO, at least for few months. I am a high risk person due to current medical condition (diabetes, hypertension and history of cancer). Also work in the front and has been exposed few times to Covid positive patients. So far, negative for Covid. I will get the vaccine once it has been given enough, that all possible adverse reactions are known.

Posts: 1885 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
has severe side effects in about 4.5 % of the people who have taken this shot.

That's much higher than anything I've seen thus far. Do you have a source for that figure?

I read the 4.5% in an article this morning and now I can not find it again. I have corrected by original post being as I can't link up to the article in question.

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Picture of VonFatman
posted Hide Post
in my opinion, the best part about all the hype over the vaccine...sounds like folks will have to have taken the vaccine to fly....it's like winning the lottery!

Posts: 376 | Registered: September 03, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No, I've never taken a flu vaccine and I sure as hell won't take this either.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3532 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell No, what I talked with my doctor today in my 6 month checkup. I had the flu bad 21 years ago, since then, I can't remember having a cold. Why would I?

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I just received an email from a Democrat congressman stating the vaccine will begin rolling out to medical and first responders, as well as those in nursing and care facilities as a Phase 1. Phase 2 will be non-medical essential workers. I hope this won't be a mandatory vaccination or I'll quit my job.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter works in a stand-alone ER that is owned one of the largest hospitals in town. She and one other were given the option of taking the shot the first of week. (She does not usually take the flu shot.) She agreed to take the shot and so far has had no side effects. She will take the 2nd round next month.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Report This Post