SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another FenderBender legal thought exercise. Moron Protesters Edition.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another FenderBender legal thought exercise. Moron Protesters Edition. Login/Join 
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted
As I was watching a video yesterday of some Justice for "insert cop killer here" jerks being run over by a car I got to thinking.

Video in question here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpK0YtGTe-U

these people are clearly not peacefully protesting. what would be the legal ramifications of loading up some blanks only machine non-gun's and simply letting them rip into the croud and causing a panic?

blanks only "gun" video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--HP7B4J7dU

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Off the top of my head?

1) Assault (no battery is necessary if the perceived threat is reasonable).

2) These days - terroristic threat.

3) Disturbing the peace.

4) As soon as some ambitious prosecutor figures out that blanks aren't harmless at point blank range, you may see some reckless endangerment charges.

5) #4 kind of goes along with inciting a riot.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I agree with those points, but the argument could be made they're not being peaceable in their assembly. So what sort of protections does a mob have?

With that in mind the common person has seen these protests turn violent at what point would he be within his rights to take appropriate action to defend himself?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FenderBender,

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just be sure and get it on tape sounds interesting.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't do it, but someone who did would get a couple of free beers on me. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
Anything that will work to restore the peace, will get you arrested.

Too easy to identify and avoid places with a high concentrations of stupid.

Off the top of my head I can think of several thousand ways to disperse that crowd, most of which I'd consider fun. All of those methods are felonies.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Off the top of my head?

1) Assault (no battery is necessary if the perceived threat is reasonable).

2) These days - terroristic threat.

3) Disturbing the peace.

4) As soon as some ambitious prosecutor figures out that blanks aren't harmless at point blank range, you may see some reckless endangerment charges.

5) #4 kind of goes along with inciting a riot.

Ah. So all of the things that the group in the video is already getting away with.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I think it would be like holding up a liquor store with an Airsoft gun. It's not a "real" gun, but I'm not sure that makes a difference when the prosecution is presenting their case.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Firing blanks is stupid. Dude walking around with the AR isn't going to know that they are blanks and will drop you. The cop a hundred yards away may also shoot you.

For the video, I really feel sorry for the victim here, you just can't do that to someone.

He got held up a few minutes from his destination and will have to have the car washed to remove the grease from his front bumper. The city should have to reimburse him for his cost as they can't keep the street clear for motorists.

Why didn't the cops check on her or drag her body out of the street?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why the crowd got upset! They were all obstructing traffic and insisting that they wanted justice, and then the driver of the silver car gave them the justice they insisted they wanted. ???

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I forget where I read it, but someone suggested releasing a hive or two of wasps into the crowd. Think of it. A wasp cannon. I expect the crowd would clear nearly instantly.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29692 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:

Road kill usually aren't a cops responsibility. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:

Road kill usually aren't a cops responsibility. Big Grin

Jim

Yes - I believe that duty falls upon animal control.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice the protester walking around in fatigue pants and the desert beige vest? body armor? and carrying a EBR in the first video.?

That is likely the next step for these assholes-carrying guns. I wonder how it plays out when a hundred SJW mooseknuckles start their bullshit while armed.

In addition to what BurtonRW said blanks are really probably not going to be a good idea at that point.

Good times.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
drag her body out of the street?

With what? A tow truck MIGHT be able to move that whale out of the street. I can guarantee there weren't enough cops, fire fighters, paramedics working that night to move that bloated she-bitch out of the street.

Real world advice, treat it like a potential vehicle ambush; leave enough room between you and them so you can turn so you can drive up on the sidewalk or over a traffic island to get out of there.

FenderBender, there were several incidents during the "Ferguson Riots" in various parts of St. Louis County and City where drivers were surrounded and threatened. One incident on I70, after being surrounded, car beat on, threatened, the driver drove through a group of protestors to escape. No charges on the driver, several protestors charged with crimes. Another incident, a guy driving a minivan got surrounded by a group of "protestors" who broke out the back window. At that point the driver, a retired Federal Marshal, drew his Glock and had it ready to put some rounds down range. No charges against him.

It will depend on the circumstances, the location and what political party the local prosecutor belongs to and whether that prosecutor kowtows to the protestors/rioters.

Posts: 3932 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
I agree with those points, but the argument could be made they're mot being peaceable in their assembly. So what sort of protections does a mob have?

With that in mind the common person has seen these protests turn violent at what point would he be within his rights to take appropriate action to defend himself?

We are reaching the point where the mob has whatever "protections" they are willing to force backed by whatever violence they are willing to use. This is nothing new to mobs.

The mob will only be stopped when they encounter a group willing to use greater violence to stop them. This is also nothing new.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Personally, I think our approach should be... When these people pull this crap and the cops do not respond and disburse/arrest them, we should go after the mayor, city council, and chief of police and relieve each of them of their current jobs if they refuse to adhere/support to the law. At a minimum these people are posing a public safety risk to themselves and others, and as such, should be moved.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
wonder how it plays out when a hundred SJW mooseknuckles start their bullshit while armed.

At that point they are no doubt a deadly threat and some will respond in kind. Stop my car while armed and I'll need a new windshield.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Personally, I think our approach should be... When these people pull this crap and the cops do not respond and disburse/arrest them, we should go after the mayor, city council, and chief of police and relieve each of them of their current jobs if they refuse to adhere/support to the law. At a minimum these people are posing a public safety risk to themselves and others, and as such, should be moved.

This is the answer ^^^

BUT, what about the poor sane/normal person who lives in Baltimore or Fergerson where this is simply not possible?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
IT's not legal.

BUT if someone does bust out an M60 with live ammo and starts putting rounds on target I'm sure the next gaggle of SWJ's will re-think their stupidity.

Get the scoops!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post