SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cute pup adopted by monastery
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cute pup adopted by monastery Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted

A stray dog named Carmelo is getting heavenly treatment at a Bolivian monastery after friars adopted him, dressed him with a custom-made habit and unknowingly turned him into a star.

Carmelo is the newest social media sensation, as people around the globe are melting seeing him wearing his brown Franciscan habit with such grace.

The cute little schnauzer was also given a custom-made title, Fray Bigotón (Big Moustache Friar), which he happily carries around the monastery.

carmelo 3Expand / Contract
((Kasper Mariusz Kaproń/FACEBOOK)
"Here all of the brothers love him very much. He is a creature of God," Friar Jorge Fernandez told The Dodo.

The pics were posted on Facebook by Kasper Mariusz Kapron OFM, a fellow friar from Poland who now lives in Cochabamba, an Andean city located in central Bolivia.

Carmelo has brought joy to the friars and his story hope to the animal shelters around town.

"If only all the churches of our country adopt a dog and care for him like Fray Bigotón, we are sure that the parishioners would follow his example," wrote on Facebook Proyecto Narices Frias, the non-profit that runs the shelter Carmelo came from.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...ts-around-world.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
That is the cutest/sweetest thing I've seen all day

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Great story. I love the photos of the Big Mustache Friar.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
That is just awesome. Best wishes to all of the friars, and especially Frey Bigoton. Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see he is starting off with a nice habit.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to awesome! Love every bit of it.

It made me smile and laugh alittle.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
The monks of New Skete find their path to G*d via raising GSDs. Smart men. Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
I needed that smile. Smile

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Doesn't have the haircut that I remember on the Friars. ;-) And, better looking than some I remember.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post