SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like the old man may be checking out
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like the old man may be checking out Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
Dad had another surgery last week. They pulled out a mass that they said was benign. Still wasn't feeling good so they transferred him to Allegheny General. Test results say stage 4 cancer in bones, liver and kidneys. 3 weeks is all they gave him if he refuses chemo. Maybe 5 months if he takes chemo.

I think I've processed it but still don't know how to feel about it. Frankly, I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has.

It's been a hard couple of years for him. Much suffering. For God's sake, if you smoke please try your best to stop. It's horrible to have to watch someone go thought this mess and it's preventable.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Sorry...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Prayers and best wishes

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sorry Mark Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I am sorry about your Dad's condition. No mention of age, and if he is in his 80's is the anguish of chemo worth taking for the extra time.

I smoked. I had cancer. I don!t know if that was the cause of my cancer, but 14 years after quitting,I look back and can say smoking did nothing at all to help me or anyone.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
So very sorry to hear this Mark. Your father will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Prayers & positive, peaceful thoughts.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry, Mark. I'll keep you guys in my prayers. Look for a care package soon.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Praying for you and the family, buddy.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear that.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
Sorry
Prayers for your family! Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Sad news Mark. Very sorry to hear this. All the best to you and your family.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers inbound.

Posts: 785 | Location: Eastern Ma. | Registered: November 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry, Mark. Went through this (with my Mom) when my Dad passed way too early from lung cancer after 4 decades of smoking. Then went through it again (with my wife this time) when her Dad passed away from lung cancer that had also spread elsewhere, also after decades of smoking. Neither was pretty and, according to the doctors, both were entirely avoidable had they not smoked or had they quit earlier.

You and your Dad are in my thoughts for the very best outcome possible.

Posts: 1983 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Mark, I'm sorry the hear this...prayers for not only your dad as he faces this, but also for you and all the family for strength and peace.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Hard to hear, I'm very sorry for you. My dad is 79 and is suffering from years of smoking as well. Hard to understand how you can do this to yourself, but we all have our vices.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, Mark.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Prayers to you and your family...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this - you and your family are in my thoughts.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post