SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like the old man may be checking out
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like the old man may be checking out Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Mark. Email coming.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will say a prayer of comfort for you and family.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Sorry Mark.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry Mark, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Crushing news.

At this stage, it would be worth talking to Palliative medicine docs. It is going to be a tough road, and they are able to provide some comfort and dignity with a bridge to hospice if the chemo isn't more than palliative itself.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this news, Mark. You're absolutely right that smoking is a horrible habit to partake in.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just An Old Guy
posted Hide Post
Prayers to you and your family.

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1975 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this, Mark. Praying for you & your family.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the news, Mark---prayers sent.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
So sorry! Prayers up for strength and comfort.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My best to you and your dad.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
Mark,
I'm sorry to hear that you and your family are going through this. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,
Storm

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this news, Mark.

Smoking causes so much physical damage and yet so many people insist on continuing.

Personally I could never understand it. Both my mom and dad smoked for many years, but thankfully finally quit.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent, Mark.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
thoughts and prayers. I feel for you.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. I have been thru this a few times and not an easy road. Prayers sent.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
We all visited him at Allegheny General this morning and he received his first chemo treatment. He was in very good spirits. He's having trouble breathing so his speech wss labored so he didn't talk much. He is expected to come home on Tuesday as long as the chemo doesn't lay him out.

Thanks for all the prayers and advice. The emails are appreciated as well. You folks are awesome!

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I'm so terribly sorry to hear this, Mark. My prayers and best wishes go out to you and your family.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Best of luck. My best friend's son is currently undergoing chemo for gall bladder/liver cancer.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post