SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like the old man may be checking out
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like the old man may be checking out Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry Mark. I watched it happen to Mom. Frown

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've read that smoking one cigarette takes 11 minutes off your life span.

I saw first hand the ravages of lung cancer from years of smoking. One reason why I quit smoking in 1974.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Watched my father die of cancer when I was 24.

I am not going to lie to you, this is going to be bad.

Really bad.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. Prayers for your Dad, you, and the rest of your family.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
very sorry to hear that Mark

tough news indeed

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Mark

Prayers sent for Dad, You and Family and Friends.

May God grant Comfort for Dad and Comfort and understanding for the Family and Friends.

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Mark. Prayer for your dad, you, and your family.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Mark.

Went through this with both my parents in the last few months. I know what you mean when you say you think you've processed it.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You guys are in my prayers.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Mark. Prayers for strength for both of you, whichever direction he takes.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for what your family is going through. My mother died from lung cancer. She would hide outside and smoke after chemo and radiation. I don't know if I will ever understand it. I don't think I want to understand it. Again, I'm sorry.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the news. My dad smoked too. Although he didnt have cancer smoking took its toll. One thing I wished was to get more knowledge about unanswered questions I had regarding family.
My prayers go out to you and your family.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Mark.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Thanks everybody! I appreciate all of you.

Btw, Dad is 72. He has decided to go ahead with the chemo which will start tomorrow. Three days of that and he'll come home. I think they said three days every month after that.

I'll take the family down to Allegheny General tomorrow for a visit.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your dad and your family.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
My condolences and sympathies, and prayers for all. May God Bless.

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It does sound bad for him.
Sorry to hear this.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
damn, sorry Mark.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your dad.
My dad told me and my brother years ago when we were 6 or 7 years old that there were 3 things that we were NOT going to do and 1 thing we were GOING to do.
1-no beer
2-no playing pool
3-no smoking
GOING TO DO-graduate college
I don't know what the inside of a pool hall looks like till this day.
These rules were under threat of death.
This was 65 years ago.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post