SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In PA you can now use food stamps at restaurants.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In PA you can now use food stamps at restaurants. Login/Join 
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted
How about this $hit! And who says the democraps aren't the freeloaders' friends. Read this: http://www.pressenterpriseonli...ry-takes-food-stamps

BLOOMSBURG — The owner of a downtown restaurant now accepts food stamps in a state-sanctioned program that breaks menu items down into individual ingredients and sells them as groceries.

Customers who use the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) card can buy anything on the menu at Houston Family Meals on Main Street, but there’s a catch: since food stamps can’t be used to purchase hot or prepared food, owner Frank Nashar sells the ingredients, then offers to put them together for $1.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live there. Frown

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is probably better than the crap they are allowed to buy at the supermarket. It is not like a four star restaurant.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
since food stamps can’t be used to purchase hot or prepared food, owner Frank Nashar sells the ingredients, then offers to put them together for $1.

So the bottom line is Frank gets to make even more profit serving meals to people using SNAP.
Your tax dollars at work.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
since food stamps can’t be used to purchase hot or prepared food, owner Frank Nashar sells the ingredients, then offers to put them together for $1.

So the bottom line is Frank gets to make even more profit serving meals to people using SNAP.
Your tax dollars at work.

Yes, rather brilliant of old Frank. An extra $1 per meal, probably makes his profit margin better on the SNAP customers than a regular cash paying customer.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
I hope its a bowl of beans and rice

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet the place is a dump.

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Stuff like this has been posted here time and again. It’s just another spin on a tired old game.

Freeloaders getting to game the system, and the system not caring it’s being gamed.

Be thankful that I’m not in charge, because that SNAP card would be just like a WIC card with only certain things inside a grocery store that you buy with it. Want Coco Puffs? Get a fucking job. King Vitamin for you. Want Soda? Get a fucking job. I find it incredulous that supplemental nutritional assistance is mainly spent on crap that has no nutritional value. And the SNAP program is down with that

The democrats care about as much about nutrition as the do migrant children at the border.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
They probably don't tip real well. I'm sure the servers love it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
They probably don't tip real well . I'm sure the servers love it.
FIFY

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Open till 4am everyday. Perfect!

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post