SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A huge thank you to Dave Truong and staff at Mimi's jewelry
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A huge thank you to Dave Truong and staff at Mimi's jewelry Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted
I contacted Dave regarding a wedding ring for Mrs Cliff. Yeah, sounds ass backwords, but to make a long story short,we had to marry again because of a mistake I made back in the eighties. I talked to Dave, made a selection, and he made the ring,and had it out to me in a little bit over a month. I presented the ring to Sheila past weekend on her birthday in front of family and friends at a birthday dinner for her. Suffice to say it went over well, and many tears were shed.
Thank you Dave. Doing this for me is much appreciated. Working with Cat was great. I've said this before, the ring is beautiful, and she absolutely loved it. Family members were going, 'Daaaaaaaaaam!"

SF members,trust me when I say, you need/want jewelry,watches,etc for loved ones or even yourself, don't fuck around. Contact Dave. Here's the ring.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Daaaaaaaaaam!

Indeed!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Lovely ring, just to 2nd Cliff's thoughts I had Dave build a ring to my specs with a diamond I sent and it was perfect.

When I do the same in the future I will use Dave/ Mimi's.

Curious about the "mistake" but as I am on my 3rd marriage and 4th wedding I will not ask Wink

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
WOW. Wicked nice

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Beautiful ring, sir Big Grin

Congratulations!!!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Sheila and Cliff it's a beautiful ring. And Dave is the man.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
That ring is beautiful!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
My bride sports a Mimi's ring, and gets nothing but compliments on it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
He's always delivered for me, on multiple transactions.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Y'all don't realize how much great stuff David does. We're friends on Facebook and I get to see how many things he does for his community, he's extremely involved. His love for his family, friends, acquaintances, customers, knows no bounds.

A mighty fine man, husband, father and American.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
David has done some amazing work for me and my wife. I can't say enough good things about him. I hope he will someday take me up on my offer for a getaway here in Wild, Wonderful West Virginia!

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1893 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never pass up a Dave thread.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I had him do a ring for my wife from a diamond she inherited. We sat down with him and he came up with a very good design.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Beautiful ring Cliff!

Dave is The Man!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Thank you again for allowing me to do this!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Very nice ring.

But you mean the guy in the Elvis suit didn't have a valid license to marry you and your wife???

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Beautiful ring! I hope Mrs. Cliff wears it for many happy years.

quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
I never pass up a Dave thread.

Me either. Smile

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Don't fuck around. Contact Dave.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Don't fuck around. Contact Dave.

That would look great on billboards or in neon!! Big Grin

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Cliff and Sheila! And of course kudos to Dave. It's really gratifying to read of such situations involving fellow forumites. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post