SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ID this exotic leather
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ID this exotic leather Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
Ran across this holster combo today. Details are sparse, and the type of exotic leather used in the trim is not identified.

Looks to me like the holster and mag pouch use two different types of exotic leather trim.

What are they?

(Just from a quick Google, I'm thinking maybe Gator on the holster, and Elephant on the mag pouch?)

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
reptile, four legger

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
reptile

That was my immediate thought, and I believe both pieces are from the same type animal.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Could be ostrich (from the leg, not the quill)...I have boots.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I think ostrich. Looks like the pics of exotics I've seen on holster makers' sites.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Looks a lot like the smooth ostrich on these Lucchese boots.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
yes, it is ostrich.

Here is a wallet that Gaunt Leatherworks did out of ostrich which looks the same.

and another holster out of ostrich with the pebble grain

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
off the leg of the ostrich ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Definitely ostrich leg.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
What ever it is, it's a good looking package !!

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Ostrich leg it is.

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Here is a wallet that Gaunt Leatherworks did out of ostrich which looks the same.

and another holster out of ostrich with the pebble grain

Gaunt Leatherworks is who made this holster combo too.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Wow. Beautiful work!

Those chrome screws ruin it though!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Ostrich leg.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post