SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Major Score At The Gorcery Store!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Major Score At The Gorcery Store! Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
I know you wanna grab my butts!

I see Brunswick Stew and BBQ in the near future!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good score. I used to get them regularly at or under $0.99 lb in San Antonio but have not seen them near that since moving North of Atlanta this year.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Jeez, mine are $2.99/lb. It's no wonder I only do pulled pork 2 or so times per year.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.88 a pound....Hell of a deal!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Seems that you like big butts...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sweet.

That's about half what I usually pay around here for my pork butts... ~$1.75ish/pound.

But I've never seen pork butts labeled as "steak ready" before. Is that a regional thing? Does that just mean they're boneless?

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
North Carolina is a massive pork producer.

You may not see those prices for a while.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Mars, I got that exact same deal at the Crabapple Kroger the other day. Had some very good barbecue this week.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Hell of a deal. I wish Kroger sold ammo. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
At that price, freezing your butts off, might not be too bad.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Great score! Last week my local Kroger had Wright thick sliced bacon 24 oz pkg for $4.99. My freezer is full. Smile

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’re gonna need this recipe and a crowd to help you eat it!
https://www.tasteofhome.com/re...le-pulled-pork-buns/

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turning_gal:

Hey... Waitaminute... That recipe doesn't even include the use of a smoker! How are you going to smoke the pork butt without using a smoker?

(Crockpot pulled pork is just a poor imitation of the true food of the gods... Wink)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Better than my Krogers - was $0.99/lb. I also got boneless skinless chicken breasts for $0.99/lb.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
That is a good score. Recently the price of chicken breasts has risen but the price of pork has dropped.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pork steaks are the butt/shoulder cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch steaks. Very common in St. Louis region. They BBQ up nicely.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I've paid a lot more than that for butt! Big Grin

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Under $1/lb is a score, nice!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Great score Mars!! I’m a butt man my self!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Turning_gal:

Hey... Waitaminute... That recipe doesn't even include the use of a smoker! How are you going to smoke the pork butt without using a smoker?

(Crockpot pulled pork is just a poor imitation of the true food of the gods... Wink)

You are correct! That must have been a misprint by the author. I am going to send a complaint letter. Personally, I would ONLY consider using true smoked pork butt - NEVER settle for imitations.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post