SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    San Antonio City Council removes Chick-fil-a from airport concession plan.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Antonio City Council removes Chick-fil-a from airport concession plan. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Every time this silly shit makes the news, I get a craving for a chicken sammich and some of them funny looking fries. This craving doesn't go away until requited. I requited the hell out of it yesterday for lunch. Wink

And I generally leave a ridiculously large tip.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
CFA is merely an easy target...

Para, you probably already know this, but the SJW bully in that video was the CFO of an Arizona company. His name is, ironically, Adam Smith, and he was fired from his job the day after that video hit.

He was also apparently the captain of his varsity dumbass team in high school.

---------------------------

https://www.theblaze.com/news/...iving-on-food-stamps

--------------------------

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
By the Bully:

"I'm a nice guy, by the way."

Seriously? That's how you'd describe yourself after they way you treated this young lady?

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chick-fil-a doesn't discriminate against anyone

Isn't this decision religious discrimination?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Just take your gd water and go felate yourself, you smug, smarmy, brainwashed, Libtard, dip-shit. It's guys like this that are LUCKY there is a 1st Amendment and laws against rifle-butting someone in the mouth repeatedly until every last one of their teeth trickles outta their pathetic, cake hole into a bloody pool onto the pavement. "Nice guy", my big, fat, dago, guinea-wop ass! If challenged, that pussy would fold like a cheap Walmart lawn chair.

Guess what, you triggered assholes...CFA will survive ANYTHING you pathetic imbeciles want to throw at it. I'm sure their bottom line far out performs every other POS fast food chain on this planet, and they cede Sunday sales.

Oh how I wanted to lace this post with colorful, metaphoric F bombs. Maybe the Xanax is taking effect... Cool

EDIT TO ADD:
Annnnnnnnnd KARMA is a biotch! Follow-up to Para's video above. Dick-turd got EXACTLY what was owed him...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: erj_pilot,

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Let’s see if the AG can do something:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/a...stigation/index.html

Posts: 4075 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIP2000GLO:
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SIP2000GLO:
WTF! And I'm trying to flee commiefornia to Houston, Tx. Eek Eek Eek

Don't move to Houston "proper"; as inside the city limits...move to a surrounding area like Pearland, Montgomery, Kingwood, Tomball/Spring, Friendswood, Magnolia, Sugarland (buy a helicopter for your morning commute), etc. Harris county might be a "blue" county, but that's not the politics of the ENTIRE county...just the actual Libtard City of Houston.

[/DRIFT]

Last month I spent a week in Houston, Pearland, and League city. I would love to move to Pearland. It's very nice and quiet but my commute to work would be hell everyday.

I’ve been in friendswood for over 20 years. Growth has increased traffic but we are always ranked as one of the safest cities around, we have a top notch police force with a former Marine as Chief and have great schools. Taxes are high but I think Pearland and League City are as high or higher. The whole area is growing, there’s plenty of well paying jobs so people keep coming.

Posts: 4075 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Chick-fil-a doesn't discriminate against anyone

Isn't this decision religious discrimination?

Not religious. But at some point CFA is going to have to go after some of these people making public statements that are false. False statements made with the intent to cause harm to their brand. I know they're not the type of company that will sue to force their way into those airports. They won't force their way into a place they're not welcome. But they cannot long sit idle while public officials make statements harming their brand with impunity. If not, "CFA is a discriminatory company" will be cemented into the public consciousness. Then the next step will be to deny them business permits in location after location.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I resent the fact that my tax dollars help that smartass douchebag buy free-range chicken, or any other type of groceries. He needs to get a job. This business of rewarding stupidity and douchebaggery with a government stipend needs to stop.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I resent the fact that my tax dollars help that smartass douchebag buy free-range chicken, or any other type of groceries. He needs to get a job. This business of rewarding stupidity and douchebaggery with a government stipend needs to stop.
I'm missing something. Who are you talking about?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Chick-fil-a should offer him a job in public relations.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Chick-fil-a should offer him a job in public relations.
Big Grin The stupid twatwaffle.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I'm missing something. Who are you talking about?

Adam Smith --> Refer to Para's post at the top of this page, and then erj-piot's followup.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
He needed to be humbled. What an arrogant attitude and a typical leftist bully. Giving a lecture to the female drive up window worker. It's a free water take it and shut the fuck up and drive off. He is definitely not playing with full deck, has anger management and self control issues. Go get a job flipping burgers, maybe they will hire your sorry ass.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“Texas Governor Greg Abbott on Monday signed legislation into law which Republicans argue upholds religious freedom, but LGBT rights groups say is a license to discriminate.

The so-called 'Save Chick-fil-A' bill was fast-tracked in the GOP-controlled Legislature in response to the San Antonio City Council stopping the fast food restaurant from opening a location in the airport of the nation's seventh-largest city.

In March, some council members said they were taking a stand over the fast-food company's values: Chick-fil-A's owners have donated to anti-LGBT causes.

Councilmember Roberto Trevino said that the city does 'not have room in our public facilities for a business with a legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior.'

But 80 miles north in the Texas Capitol, Republicans swiftly responded with a bill that would prohibit cities from taking 'adverse action' against an individual based on contributions to religious organizations.

The bill passed easily in the 2019 legislative session, which ended May 27. A short while later Abbott tweeted his support for the bill alongside a picture of him eating Chick-fil-A…”

https://mol.im/a/7132391

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Councilmember Roberto Trevino said that the city does 'not have room in our public facilities for a business with a legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior

But you support hateful attacks on Christians and Christianity, don't you, Trevino.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
So Water Cup Boy from Para's video grew a beard, got fired from a $200,000/year job, and is on EBT food? What a karma.

$200k is decent coin. $100 an hour just to show up and breath. No dangerous trenching, crawl spaces, electrical towers, just a white collar office? And he blew it being a jerk. An intolerant jerk.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
...and is on EBT food?
I don't believe that part of it, not for a single second.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
What's most amazing is the silly fuck hasn't learned anything from the experience. He wishes he hadn't spoken that way to the clerk, but he doesn't realize that it's essential for societal peace that he allows CFA to look at gay marriage the way that they do, and that he is free to look at it another way. He still wants to force others to look at the world the way he does, and he has no space for other views.

He says he's humbled. I don't think he knows what that means.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post