SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    San Antonio City Council removes Chick-fil-a from airport concession plan.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Antonio City Council removes Chick-fil-a from airport concession plan. Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I wish there was a Chick-fil-A nearby Frown.

https://www.chick-fil-a.com/Locations/Browse/MI

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roustabout:
This kind of nonsense coming out of San Antonio doesn’t suprise me. What does concern me is how the left wing extremists are taking over large Texas cities. San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston are all increasingly controlled by liberal whack jobs.

WTF! And I'm trying to flee commiefornia to Houston, Tx. Eek Eek Eek

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
"San Antonio is a city full of compassion, and we do not have room in our public facilities for a business with a legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior.

Completely false. As a business, Chick-fil-a has never discriminated against anyone.

Equality and inclusion insofar that your thoughts are equal to theirs apparently. These people are clueless.

The company itself has said, or done, exactly NOTHING that indicates bias, prejudice against anyone! The company OWNERS hold their PERSONAL opinion about this LGBTQ situation.

This is proof positive that democraPs are too stupid to hold any position of authority! Or, even participate in any type of logic, sane, discussions on any matter.

What is happening in Texas is pretty much the same thing happening here in N. Virginia.

Assholes ruined Maryland, got sick of it, moved across the river to the 3 northern Virginia counties and promptly started re-creating what they ran from in MD.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do your homework before moving. IIRC, Houston has a lesbian mayor and the city council is 80 percent lefty.

I find this whole situation hilarious. The losses will be sustained by the airport, not Chik-Fil-A.

The definition of discrimination is to exclude someone or something. Like excluding a business.

A case could be made for religious discrimination, but why? Take your delicious chicken and fries elsewhere.

The LGBTQ population is less than 2 percent of the general population.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The Left, like locusts, destroy everything they touch.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The only problem with Dennis Prager's EXCELLENT Prager University EDUCATIONAL videos is that they "preach to the choir". There are VERY FEW, if any, Leftists that will watch these vids and change their abhorrent, sick, twisted, ideologies and behaviors.

quote:
Originally posted by SIP2000GLO:

Don't move to Houston "proper"; as inside the city limits...move to a surrounding area like Pearland, Montgomery, Kingwood, Tomball/Spring, Friendswood, Magnolia, Sugarland (buy a helicopter for your morning commute), etc. Harris county might be a "blue" county, but that's not the politics of the ENTIRE county...just the actual Libtard City of Houston.

[/DRIFT]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: erj_pilot,

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Texas is turning blue faster even than Colorado.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
This kind of nonsense coming out of San Antonio doesn’t suprise me. What does concern me is how the left wing extremists are taking over large Texas cities. San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston are all increasingly controlled by liberal whack jobs.

Consider College Station or Waco. There's also Temple. (This is off-topic, but I am trying to be helpful.)

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

Texas is getting more infested with GDCs, but I don’t think I’d go that far. Colorado has way more fucked-up gun laws, a gay governor (NTTATWWT), legalized use of de debbil’s lettuce, and is (I believe), a sanctuary state for illegal aliens less fortunate migrants.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

Don't move to Houston "proper"; as inside the city limits...move to a surrounding area like Pearland, Montgomery, Kingwood, Tomball/Spring, Friendswood, Magnolia, Sugarland (buy a helicopter for your morning commute), etc. Harris county might be a "blue" county, but that's not the politics of the ENTIRE county...just the actual Libtard City of Houston.

[/DRIFT]

Last month I spent a week in Houston, Pearland, and League city. I would love to move to Pearland. It's very nice and quiet but my commute to work would be hell everyday.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
quote:
quote:

Consider College Station or Waco. There's also Temple. (This is off-topic, but I am trying to be helpful.)

The only option would be Houston as my work will be there. Any other area, I would probably be sitting in traffic just like commiefornia.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Glad to see this:

“Texas' attorney general opened an investigation Thursday into San Antonio's decision to exclude Chick-fil-A from opening airport concession facilities due to the fast-food chain owners' record on LGBT issues.

Attorney General Ken Paxton announced the investigation in a letter to San Antonio officials and stated his office will examine whether Texas' second-largest city violated state law with the rejection.

Paxton called the move 'the opposite of tolerance' and a 'discriminatory decision' based on the religious beliefs of the chain's owners.

'The Constitution's protection of religious liberty is somehow even better than Chick-fil-A's chicken,' Paxton said in the letter. 'Unfortunately, I have serious concerns that both are under assault at the San Antonio airport.' …”

https://mol.im/a/6862553

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not even close.

Colorado has a Democrat Governor and Lt. Governor, Sec of State, Treasurer, and A.G. Also Democrat majorities in the state senate, house, and U.S. House of Reps. Also one U.S. Senator.

Texas has a Republican Governor, Lt. Governor, A.G., Sec. of State and Comptroller. Also Republican majorities in the state senate, house, U.S. House of Reps, and both Senate seats. Also a shitload of judges.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16668 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:

Unless someone finds a cure for liberalism, eventually there will be no red states left.
I’m glad I’m old.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:
"This is the first we’ve heard of this. It’s disappointing," the statement said. "We would have liked to have had a dialogue with the city council before this decision was made. We agree with Councilmember Treviño that everyone is and should feel welcome at Chick-fil-A. We plan to reach out to the city council to gain a better understanding of this decision."

I think that is what called a velvet covered sledge hammer.

It is diplomatic language designed to leave the doors open, but to be a sledgehammer, there would have to be some actual power behind it. I don't think there is any.

I agree that the decision is virtue signaling by lefties. "Look how inclusive we are." And I also agree that I have never seen any discrimination from Chik-fil-A, the founder's personal views notwithstanding.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Open up a ChiKFilA outside the airport entrance, have multiple lanes, fast service and a sign that says Last Chance for ChikFilA before you get stuck with Airport prices and food!

Probably cut seriously into airport concession sales...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.syracuse.com/state...to-lgbtq-issues.html

Chick-fil-A no longer in plans for Buffalo airport due to LGBTQ issues

Updated Mar 29, 4:21 PM; Posted Mar 29, 4:17 PM

Ngoc Huynh | nhuynh@nyup.com

Chick-fil-A will not be coming to the Buffalo Niagara International Airport, according to Assemblyman Sean Ryan (D, NY-149).

Delaware North, the company that runs the food operations at the Western NY airport, had plans to renovate the food options by adding a Chick-fil-A. The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority approved tentative plans Thursday for the process to move forward.

Ryan voiced concerns Thursday asking the NFTA to reverse its decision. He stated that an anti-LGBTQ company should not be allowed to operate in a taxpayer-funded public facility. Ryan posted the following disappointment on Twitter.

(Sigmund is unable to copy and paste the twitter post off the link)

By Friday afternoon, Ryan said the airport notified him that the fast food chain will not be included as part of the airport project.

“A publicly financed facility like the Buffalo Niagara International Airport is not the appropriate venue for a Chick-fil-A restaurant,” Ryan’s statement read. “I applaud the decision that has been made to remove Chick-fil-A from the plans for this project. We hope in the future the NFTA will make every effort to contract with businesses that adhere to anti-discrimination policies, and we’re confident another vendor who better represents the values of the Western New York community will replace Chick-fil-A as a part of this project in the very near future.”

Recently, the San Antonio International Airport also disinvited Chick-fil-A, in part, for its religious view on anti-same-sex marriage values. The Texas attorney general has launched an investigation into whether the city of San Antonio has violated Chick-fil-A’s religious liberty.

Last fall, a standalone Chick-fil-A restaurant opened up in Cheektowaga with the excitement of many patrons. The chain has been opening locations in Upstate NY in Greece and Cicero with plans for a Henrietta location.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Chick-fil-A is not an "anti-LGBTQ" company. They are an equal-opportunity employer and have not discriminated against anyone as customers. Mr. Ryan is misinformed. Both Buffalo and San Antonio are mesmerised by the LGBTQ and Leftist propaganda.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Chick-fil-A is not an "anti-LGBTQ" company. They are an equal-opportunity employer and have not discriminated against anyone as customers.
^^This. Nothing but straight up lies and propaganda.
quote:
Mr. Ryan is misinformed. Both Buffalo and San Antonio are mesmerised by the LGBTQ and Leftist propaganda.flashguy
They're not mesmerized. They're pandering because they think it will buy them something with their party. Though Chick-Fil-A likely won't do it, they should take some of these public agencies to court for discrimination. This BS is textbook discrimination, and people pushing it should be burnt to the ground.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
CFA is merely an easy target for the low IQ, virtue-signalling crowd. Anyone who has frequented these CFA restaurants knows- they know- that there is not one solitary speck of bias of any nature- religion, race, sexual orientation, or social stratum- in these places.
In reality, CFA is probably the best fast food restaurant chain in the United States. They serve quality products, serve them quickly (although this is mitigated at intervals due to the popularity of CFA causing large crowds at peak times), and they serve these products politely- with a friendly attitude and a smile. CFA is head-and-shoulders above places such as McDonalds and Burger King, and that's putting it mildly. What they do, they do well, and they bother no one. They are nice people.

But, the imbeciles out there who want to bitch about nothing have found CFA to be an easy target. It's utterly absurd. Truly absurd.

This kind of jackassery has been going on for years.

See how the employee responds? CFA's hiring and training practices- and the overall attitude of the company- are on display in her response to this asshole.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post