SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What kind of Tom foolery is this? Snow in May!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What kind of Tom foolery is this? Snow in May! Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
This is just plain wrong.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are predicting a couple of feet here in the foothills of Colorado! Eek

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, 80 here today, but hope I do not run into any of it as I am heading to Arizona Friday.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Hail in New Mexico Tuesday afternoon. Between El Malpais and Techado along SR-117, I believe it was.

Loud enough on the windscreen it blocked a detective mystery on CD.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Van said it was 97 deg today. Not sure how accurate that is, but it was damn hot.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Same storm we got last night and this morning I suspect. Thankfully it wasn't sticking, but it was sure coming down this morning.

I am quite fed up with this winter/spring and am ready for some sunshine. Record rain and snow since late last fall.

Good thing I didn't put in the garden the other day like I was going to. It dropped down to the mid-20s night before last. Thankfully it didn't hurt the fruit trees as the blossoms still are looking good.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Funny how the grass is always greener......I could live happily with 10 months of winter and maybe a month or two of "summer" at 65-70 so I could wash the cars. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Very dry here in the Big Bend country. Very, very dry.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
It's the climate changing Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
It's the climate changing Big Grin

Yeah, I remember several years ago, before they changed "Global Warming" to "Climate Change" that they were trying to explain unseasonably cold weather. "You see, global warming caused it to get really cold. . ."

Since it wasn't staying unusually hot everywhere (record lows in many areas occurred, IIRC), and since very few people could actually buy that stupid line, they had to change it to 'climate change.'

I'm sitting at my breakfast nook watching the snow come down on my back yard. Weird. There is a joke here in Colorado that you have to shovel the snow off your yard before you can mow the grass - I realize now it's not really a joke. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snowing here at 5400 feet.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Snowing here now at just under 6000' and starting to stick. Supposed to get serious tonight--forecast of 8-12" of snow. I imagine the roads will be warm enough that much, but not all, will melt.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Snowing here in Saudi Aurora. The pisser for us is that a couple of our trees have already lost one set of leaves, and if these get destroyed, the trees may just go bare for the year. Mrs. P will not be amused one little bit.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Snowed yesterday morning, but I was driving and not taking any pics of it, but today is supposed to be in the 50's.

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yesterday it was gorgeous and 70*.

This morning there is about an inch of snow out front, and it's steadily snowing.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Nice lookin' back yard ~ except for the snow. Razz

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Like the way the brick is flush with the lawn as well. Plenty of room for our tents. When's the GTG?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I still remember years ago driving on vacation from California to Lake Tahoe on Memorial Day, the last monday of the month.

On the way, I saw highway signs saying snow chains required. I told my wife there must be something wrong with the signs for them to be flashing that sign.

Ended up having to buy a 30 dollar set of chains for 60 dollars and the last hour turned to 5 hours as I haven't driven in snow for a long time and i didn't know where i was going.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Around 90 here today.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
12" of slop at my place.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post