SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Diary of a BMW driver......
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Diary of a BMW driver...... Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:
I knew I should have bought a 2 series

Yes, you should have. I'm on my 2nd one. Best performance for the $$$ out there.

They really do seem like awesome cars. Part prices scared me away, though I've read the 2 series is supposed to be very reliable.

I lease, so no issues with repair, I would never keep a car longer than the warranty. 2014 228i, I had a defective seatbelt & 1 bad bulb. 2018 230i no issues halfway into the lease. If you get one with run-flats just assume you will replace the tires, they are prone to sidewall bubbles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Wow pretty vehicle.

A black car in Arizona? I hope it has a heckuva air conditioner!

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sense a slight inkling of jealousy by the OP or it was great creative writing. Once you start using German designed/made equipment it is hard to go back. Wink

Whether cars or guns, they are always ready will and able to give you more. Cruising speed is designed at 100 to 120 mph.

Plus just wait until the driver gets a Porsche. You never have enough blinker fluid on board. Cool

Posts: 186 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jamess1:
I sense a slight inkling of jealousy by the OP or it was great creative writing. Once you start using German designed/made equipment it is hard to go back. Wink

Whether cars or guns, they are always ready will and able to give you more. Cruising speed is designed at 100 to 120 mph.

Plus just wait until the driver gets a Porsche. You never have enough blinker fluid on board. Cool

Well, Sir, I'm the OP, but I'm not the author, I thought that was apparent from the get-go.

Matter of fact, we recently collected our fifteenth Mercedes-Benz, and I've got a Porsche Boxster as a compensation car.

I've had BMW motorcycles, but never a car. My family have had M-B cars since 1951.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 21bubba:
Audi,BMW,MB, all the same.

Yep, all German.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yes, you should have. I'm on my 2nd one. Best performance for the $$$ out there.

I leased an m235 and it was an excellent car. In an X5 Diesel now Big Grin

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Loved my 540i M-sport
Loved my R1200GS Adv

I'm currently BMW 'less

I hope that changes next year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
What's the difference between a BMW and porcupine?

With the BMW the prick is on the inside.

Razz

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Wow pretty vehicle.

Looks like Graphite w/Extended Shadowline. Nice choice!

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Mine was totaled last week. Frown So now I drive a Jeep.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
A friend that was a service director at a BMW dealership in a previous life said they all came with the same factory defect: the loose nut behind the wheel.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Mine is even better. It has two wheels!

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Mine is even better. It has two wheels!

BMW owners even get to post twice. Razz

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Wow pretty vehicle.

Looks like Graphite w/Extended Shadowline. Nice choice!

It is! Thanks! I was driving a very dark blue Hyundai Santa Fe prior to this and the "warm" Arizona sun was tolerable. Now, I'm actually looking forward to getting inside and behind the wheel! Cool

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Don’t let parts prices scare you.
My rear brakes were down to 2mm. Dealer wanted $700. I bought pads, rotors and sensor cable for $210. Did it myself.
I’m on my 3rd BMW. I might go C8 Corvette next.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1gkek:
quote:
quote:

I leased an m235 and it was an excellent car. In an X5 Diesel now Big Grin

The dealer I bought my 4 series from had an M2 in the showroom at the time and it was very tempting as it was the same price, if not less. I passed as I wanted the X Drive and the 2 series only came in RWD.

5+ years now with that 4 series and I still love driving it. Glad blinker fluid is cheap and easy to find as I go through a lot of it....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I miss my old 325 and my wife's X5. However, I don't miss the repair bills (neither car was young), and I've managed to drastically cut the number of speeding tickets I get now. I must admit that it was far more tempting to 'play' in the BMW's than in my current vehicle, and I probably was more of an asshole when driving it. Not intentionally, it's just that things don't feel as fast when you are in a car that handles well and has some power. You do honestly wonder why people are slowing down so damn much for a turn, or start braking so early for a stop light. That isn't just BMW's though, its high-performance cars in general.

Its just so damn easy to go fast in a BMW!

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post