SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I cannot even begin to tell you how very sick I am of hearing about Meghan Markel and her stupid wedding...
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I cannot even begin to tell you how very sick I am of hearing about Meghan Markel and her stupid wedding... Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
...and her fucked-up relatives and all the gossiping and infighting and all of the tabloid-grade BULLSHIT surrounding this event that I would hope only lonely old ladies would care about.

Fuck you AND the guy you're marrying and fuck your stupid relatives and your stupid fucking hats. I'm sick of hearing about your fucked-up family and who is or is not going to your precious Goddamned wedding.

Do you hear me? I do not care. I want you, Meg, to go away and take all of this bullshit with you.

I hope a Hitchcockian mass of birds shits all over every damn inch of your precious fucking ceremony. Be it indoors or out, I want the birds to find you and to let loose their sticky shit on you, "prince hairy", the Queen and your whole Goddamned brood.

Months and months of this shit. I go to news websites, looking for ACTUAL NEWS, and what do I see? Day in, day out, I see headlines about you, Meg, your stupid fucking wedding- which just bores the ever-loving shit out of me-, the Hairy Prince and your in-fighting and apparently trashy family.

Do the planet a favor- get the fuck on with it, mmkay?

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope a Hitchcockian mass of birds shits all over every damn inch of your precious fucking ceremony. Be it indoors or out, I want the birds to find you and to let loose their sticky shit on you

Could not agree with you more. The above quote is the best thing to come out of this whole royal fiasco. Thanks for the laugh.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just said the same to my wife yesterday.

I'm not sure that having your future spawn 40th (or whatever) in line for the throne is all that significant.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
From what I've gleaned, The Brits aren't too happy with her marrying the Prince either....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hear, hear. I don't know who's reading all of that crap, but it has absolutely nothing to do with me or anything I'm interested in.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't care how the British people feel about it. All I know is that as an American, I don't give a rat's ass who marries who in some other country. It's tabloid-level crap and I do mean crap.

It would be one thing to see a news item or two about this, but it's EVERY GODDAMNED DAY FOR MONTHS ON END!!!!!

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
AMEN!

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
We fought a war NOT to care about the royals.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Ron Swanson said it best-
On the British royal family:
“Enjoy the fact that your royal overlords are a frail old woman and a tiny baby.”

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Ha - I'm glad to see this thread (actually thought of posting one myself)! I feel the same way about the nonstop coverage and I'm sick of it and couldn't care less. Nothing against the couple and I hope they live happily ever-after, but I don't need to hear any more about it! The whole "royal" thing is lost on me anyway. I will admit to digging Pippa though. Eek, but she is once-removed.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Yup, my bag is empty - no fucks to give.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
And I can't wait for the day of, it'll be none stop crap all day long. Then we'll have the joy of hearing about the honeymoon Roll Eyes

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
From what I've gleaned, The Brits aren't too happy with her marrying the Prince either....

I was thinking "Who?," and idly considering posting that, and really meaning it (tho I probably would've searched, first, cuz that trope is getting rather old), when I saw your comment.

You saved me the trouble.

I can see how it's a Big Deal in the UK. And that's okay. But over here? Certainly there are more news.... (thinks about what he was about to write...)

...never mind.

Really been enjoying the hell out of OAN and Quillette. Both discovered as a result of the membership here.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Tell you what, I just retired to a log cabin in way SE TN, smack dab in the middle of the Cherokee National Forest. I’m 11 miles from a town of pop. 850. Creek 50’ off my back porch has trout and gold!

I’m off BP meds, working 10-12 hour days fixin’ things up and loving it!

I haven't listened to or watched news in a month.

Heaven!

1894 hanging on wall behind front door and 12ga Mossberg 590 9 shot with light and recoil reducing stock (2 pc. spring unit) inside door of closet by back door.

Still have to unpack/locate others but, those and the SW 686 I carry should do for now.

Did I mention heaven? Me and dog. Cool

Retired, dropped out don’t give a damn!

https://postimg.cc/image/cbffid6jr/]

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I agree. I fail to understand the media's fascination with this event.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto. Pointless hype.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the more reasons to turn the channel----OFF!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am Canadian, so I guess I am supposed to care. Instead, I can’t help but wonder why we still believe in ‘royalty’. It’s a crock. Can’t wait until it’s over.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
Tell you what, I just retired to a log cabin in way SE TN, smack dab in the middle of the Cherokee National Forest. I’m 11 miles from a town of pop. 850. Creek 50’ off my back porch has trout and gold!

I’m off BP meds, working 10-12 hour days fixin’ things up and loving it!

I haven't listened to or watched news in a month.

Heaven!

1894 hanging on wall behind front door and 12ga Mossberg 590 9 shot with light and recoil reducing stock (2 pc. spring unit) inside door of closet by back door.

Still have to unpack/locate others but, those and the SW 686 I carry should do for now.

Did I mention heaven? Me and dog. Cool

Retired, dropped out don’t give a damn!

https://postimg.cc/image/cbffid6jr/]

What's that TV antenna on the cabin for?

Beautiful place.

Posts: 10825 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post