SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I cannot even begin to tell you how very sick I am of hearing about Meghan Markel and her stupid wedding...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I cannot even begin to tell you how very sick I am of hearing about Meghan Markel and her stupid wedding... Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
This ranks right up there with giving a fuck what Ivanka Trump wore to (name an event). Roll Eyes

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But we like seeing Ivanka. Wink

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife, bless her heart, is infatuated with all things English. She thinks she was Anne Boleyn or some other Queen in a previous life. Needless to say she fawns all over anything royal, especially weddings and of course babies. Drives me nucking futs, but then I do the same to her with my hockey obsession so it evens out.

Personally the whole idea of royalty boggles my mind. I mean how can someone be anointed ruler of an entire country based simply on whose uterus they fell out of? And people not only put up with it but embrace it as if these people are somehow superior based only on their name. How the human race can be so intelligent and yet so dumb at the same time is one of life's many ironies.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
From what I've gleaned, The Brits aren't too happy with her marrying the Prince either....

The one-eighth of me that IS British does not give the square root of sweet f*ck-all.

tac

Posts: 11313 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
From what I've gleaned, The Brits aren't too happy with her marrying the Prince either....

Just a matter of great lack of passing interest, where did you learn that snippet?

tac

Posts: 11313 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
Tell you what, I just retired to a log cabin in way SE TN, smack dab in the middle of the Cherokee National Forest. I’m 11 miles from a town of pop. 850. Creek 50’ off my back porch has trout and gold!

I’m off BP meds, working 10-12 hour days fixin’ things up and loving it!

I haven't listened to or watched news in a month.

Heaven!

1894 hanging on wall behind front door and 12ga Mossberg 590 9 shot with light and recoil reducing stock (2 pc. spring unit) inside door of closet by back door.

Still have to unpack/locate others but, those and the SW 686 I carry should do for now.

Did I mention heaven? Me and dog. Cool

Retired, dropped out don’t give a damn!

https://postimg.cc/image/cbffid6jr/]

Please, PLEASE save room for me. I don't take up much space and I don't fart endlessly or take drugs.

I can't cook much, but I'm REALLY good at making deadfalls and traps and stuff like that.

tac

Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
...and her fucked-up relatives and all the gossiping and infighting and all of the tabloid-grade BULLSHIT surrounding this event that I would hope only lonely old ladies would care about.

Fuck you AND the guy you're marrying and fuck your stupid relatives and your stupid fucking hats. I'm sick of hearing about your fucked-up family and who is or is not going to your precious Goddamned wedding.

Do you hear me? I do not care. I want you, Meg, to go away and take all of this bullshit with you.

I hope a Hitchcockian mass of birds shits all over every damn inch of your precious fucking ceremony. Be it indoors or out, I want the birds to find you and to let loose their sticky shit on you, "prince hairy", the Queen and your whole Goddamned brood.

Months and months of this shit. I go to news websites, looking for ACTUAL NEWS, and what do I see? Day in, day out, I see headlines about you, Meg, your stupid fucking wedding- which just bores the ever-loving shit out of me-, the Hairy Prince and your in-fighting and apparently trashy family.

Do the planet a favor- get the fuck on with it, mmkay?

Para, it is good therapy to share your feelings honestly - get in touch with yourself and don't sugar coat the whole thing this way.....

Tell us what you really think Big Grin

I must leave now to clean up my keyboard and get some fresh coffee. Thanks for the laugh.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons I've just stopped watching the 'news' (sic) for a while. Looking at the national news (sic) is like tuning in to Entertainment Tonight or TMZ.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8349 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With regards to the wedding, this thread had been the most informative thing I’ve read on the topic.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The only question now is what to feed the birds in order to yield maximum effect.

Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
I just know I'm gonna cry.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Local news here just spent 20 minutes of what kind of hat to wear to a royal wedding, and how to correctly pour tea, and use a spoon. Evidently popping the tab on a can of sweet tea out of a cooler, and taking a big swig is all the wrong way of doing it, who knew ?, probably why I was not invited.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Maybe chili peppers

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Maybe chili peppers

red mulberries. The stain is really close to forever...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Brits have to have something to keep their interest since they outlaw all guns.
Why do they have to bring that misery over here with this wedding crap?

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Why do they have to bring that misery over here with this wedding crap?

Because millions of bored American housewives are ravenously demanding to be spoon-fed every little detail about the royal wedding.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:

Just a matter of great lack of passing interest, where did you learn that snippet?

tac

Not a scientific sample, but from the comments section of the Daily Mail. Every time there is an article involving Ms. Markle, those with British locations displayed are sour to her by 10:1. When they first announced their engagement I politely wished them well. That comment received an overwhelming number of down votes.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29679 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Between the royal wedding and the anti-Trump crap on the television news, I mute it frequently to keep from going Elvis on the television.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I am not a anglophile and it seems as though the more the "media" tells me I should be infatuated with someone or something the more I avoid it.

Tac Foley has it right. These shenanigans mean fuck all to me as well.

The same thing is true of actors, athletes, and politicians. The more the media fawns, the less interested I become.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post