SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I cannot even begin to tell you how very sick I am of hearing about Meghan Markel and her stupid wedding...
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I cannot even begin to tell you how very sick I am of hearing about Meghan Markel and her stupid wedding... Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Now the press will hound the newlyweds' every step during their honeymoon and constantly cover that as much as possible....

Do I get to see her nekkid?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Do I get to see her nekkid?

Google can help with that.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Wouldn't that apply to the Scots as well?

From what I have read, Scots accepted British rule, after quite a bit of violence, came into the country, same crown, Parliament, Prime Minister, and actually, according to a book I recently enjoyed, not only made the most of it but “improved the breed” and profited by that union.

It has sometimes been a rocky relationship, probably correlated with the economy somewhat. You know how the Scots can be about those things.

Seems like all my ancestors packed their stuff and left for America in the 1600s. Scottish, Irish and northern England.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Back-story: I insisted on subscribing to One America News, because I could no longer handle the crap being spewed by the Dominant Entertainment Media Billed As "News." I'm talkin' to the point of wanting to spit whenever I see one their talking heads on TV. Wife balked at the $5/mo., but eventually acceded.

She's been kind of "meh" about it. So when I walked into the family room this morning and looked... "You're watching OAN?!?!" "Yeah," she replied, "I wanted news and there's nothing on the normal channels but..." "The Royal Wedding," I interrupted. Yup. On all the network stations.

Good grief.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
The media, and much of society, is heavily involved in "the thick of thin things". There is much violence, corruption, social discontent going on in the world today, all of it egocentric; to me a sign of how sick our society is becoming.

Someone please tell me when these noxious royal fumes blow over, so I can take my gasmask off. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
Scoutmaster,

Keep the mask on.

When they reproduce it'll be just as bad if not worse.

The whole royal pain in the ass non-news will continue non-stop until one day royalty and aristocrats simply lose the public's idiotic interest in them/celebrity worship...which will probably be never.

Their lives are so meager in richness this is how they feed their malnourished souls...

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Birdvol:
Scoutmaster,

Keep the mask on.

When they reproduce it'll be just as bad if not worse.

The whole royal pain in the ass non-news will continue non-stop until one day royalty and aristocrats simply lose the public's idiotic interest in them/celebrity worship...which will probably be never.

Their lives are so meager in richness this is how they feed their malnourished souls...

Two thoughts.

You are 100% correct. And, now I have to clean the Mt Dew off the inside of my gasmask. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the fact that this is happening at the exact same time that Alec Baldwin had a new baby ,

was timed , re-timed and then timed again to
keep hoards of people from hunting the Baldwin's down and ripping the baby from their god forsaken arms .

to be raised by human people.

in short , a diversion,
they almost got away with it.

and whom ever is playing The Billy Carter character ( megans dad) is doing a great job )

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54631 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
The media, and much of society, is heavily involved in "the thick of thin things".

This might fall under that category...

http://www.foxnews.com/lifesty...izona-green-tea.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Wonder when the baby will be in the oven to lock her in the family for life?

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I haven't read all eight pages of posts, so forgive me if this was already covered. I didn't watch any of the royal wedding, but it's been in the news for weeks, so it's hard to miss.

I couldn't help noticing the lack of protesters. If an event of that scale whether it be a wedding or a beheading were held here, every little bitch in the country would find some obscure reason to be offended & would come out of Mommy & Daddy's basement to protest in the streets, and the media would make a circus of it.

Just an observation.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's your point?

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
just for you para!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
What does 'royal' mean?

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Ok I watched it with my wife on replay last night. My treat to her. There was some mild heckeling. But it was funny as hell when the Dallas preacher started laying down the Jesus on them and the all black choir fired up. All these uppity Brits started squirming quite noticeably.

That’s was worth the price of admsission for sure.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Birdvol:
What does 'royal' mean?
From the dictionary:

ロイヤル1
royal
「王の」「王室の」の意。他の語と複合して用いる。ローヤル。

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
My mom woke up to watch this, and since she is fucking deaf and refuses to get a hearing aid, we had to wake up too to hear the church music at 200 decibels all the way upstairs.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
Ok I watched it with my wife on replay last night. My treat to her. There was some mild heckeling. But it was funny as hell when the Dallas preacher started laying down the Jesus on them and the all black choir fired up. All these uppity Brits started squirming quite noticeably.

That’s was worth the price of admsission for sure.

I watched the replay as well. The most entertaining scene was when the camera panned the royal seating area and Prince Charles was (or appeared to be) sleeping. His chin was down on his chest. This was during the American bishop's little talk. Charles looks almost asleep most of the time, anyway.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm0XqDm8Uh0

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54631 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post