SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I cannot even begin to tell you how very sick I am of hearing about Meghan Markel and her stupid wedding...
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I cannot even begin to tell you how very sick I am of hearing about Meghan Markel and her stupid wedding... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I can imagine what my exwife and her family (Irish) are saying about this wedding..

Something along the line of: "Fuck the Brits".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cycler:
Let's see. We now have six pages of postings (and probably to continue growing) about a topic everyone is saying they aren't interested in.
I started the thread to vent. You've never done that?

You're not breaking any new ground with your observation.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I can imagine what my exwife and her family (Irish) are saying about this wedding..

Something along the line of: "Fuck the Brits".

“We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English.” Winston Churchill

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't that apply to the Scots as well?

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
This broad is gonna be the gift that keeps on giving - kinda like herpes

Run Harry run!

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Brush your teeth and get to bed, boss. Anderson Cooper, Alisyn Camerota and Don Lemon start coverage on CNN at 0400.

You want to get a full 8 hours so you can be fresh and lively from the get-go!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Wouldn't that apply to the Scots as well?

From what I have read, Scots accepted British rule, after quite a bit of violence, came into the country, same crown, Parliament, Prime Minister, and actually, according to a book I recently enjoyed, not only made the most of it but “improved the breed” and profited by that union.

It has sometimes been a rocky relationship, probably correlated with the economy somewhat. You know how the Scots can be about those things.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
The shit show should be over Saturday.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

Not a chance.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
With all the coverage given to the wedding, imagine what the divorce will be like!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

Not a chance.

It won't be over. Next they've got to start popping out some pups and we've going to hear wall to wall coverage about that.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
It's over! Just saw they got married. Thank goodness, no more Royals news for a while. Didn't even know it was planned for today.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Yep. I'm watching it now on the BBC. I'm hanging out in Narita. The horse procession was cool.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
But they do have lovely uniforms....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The royals' goings-on, while not going into active dislike, have never budged my "give-a-fuck-o-meter." My interest was piqued a little with Kate. She lights up whatever room she walks into and is never seen in public dressed like a midnight trip to Wal-Mart. I found this to be a pleasant diversion. After reading about baby Alfie (discussed here recently), who had a terminal illness that the socialized medicine system not only refused to treat, but actively participated in his death despite being given an out, I have gone into active dislike. If that had happened to whatshisface and Kate's kid, no expense would have been spared to save him, and there would have been wall-to-wall coverage of their "courage."

Posts: 27928 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now the press will hound the newlyweds' every step during their honeymoon and constantly cover that as much as possible....

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Check the home page at OANN not a mention of this wedding until the very bottom of the page and that's just a little thumb nail picture. Fox news and all the others and jamming it in your face. Way to go OANN!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
My crowd at work insisted on watching the ceremony. I've caught up on paperwork and been reading a book.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It's over now right? Back to normal?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Chicago Tribune
@chicagotribune

Northwestern graduate marrying British guy

(link: https://trib.in/2wV3LQV) trib.in/2wV3LQV

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post