SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I cannot even begin to tell you how very sick I am of hearing about Meghan Markel and her stupid wedding...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I cannot even begin to tell you how very sick I am of hearing about Meghan Markel and her stupid wedding... Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Is it bad I had to look her up? Vaguely heard of her.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The reason you see it all over the news is because there is a buttload of people that are hanging on they're every word . The same reason those stupid Kardashion girls are all over the TV and Internet . It goes to show just how fucked up society really is .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't around then but, this seems to have the same script as Grace Kelly marrying the Prince of Monaco. It's the Cinderella story that many women (maybe some guys Roll Eyes) fall into: foreign-commoner women gets swept-off her feet by some royalty and moves away to live happily ever after...yawn. The newsstands at the grocery stores are covered with this, need to get away.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Waiting for the commutative plates, key chains, pictures, chia pets to hit tv commercials. Then wait till they pop out a kid.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
If obama had a daugher

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
If obama had a daugher
Politics. Congratulations.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
So if I'm understanding correctly, you folks can't really tell me why I should care about the big wedding.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't read all 4 pages, this has become a royal pain in the ass. Must be the origin of that saying.

I'm hoping when the Queen Mum passes, irreverence & obsolescence will fully set in.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
I'm hoping when the Queen Mum passes, irreverence & obsolescence will fully set in.

Why do you care?

It's their country. It seems the Brits pretty overwhelmingly love their monarchy. It's the same in the Netherlands.

By all accounts, King Willem-Alexander is quite popular with his people, as is his wife, Queen Maxima.

How popular is the monarchy there? When Prince Willem-Alexander married Maxima, the Dutch government overnighted videos of the wedding, world-wide. My wife and I attended a local showing the day following the wedding, sponsored by the Dutch Consulate.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't give a flip about the royals, the ad nauseum coverage. I only care about the USA & what is happening here.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I guess I need to get out more. I hadn't heard of her or the wedding at all.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
My mother is a British subject having left the UK in 1946 and became a US citizen in 1956. She despises the Crown, who they are and what they represent.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I cannot even begin to tell you how very sick I am of hearing about Meghan Markel and her stupid wedding...

<valley girl voice-accent thing> Ermahgerd!! I'm like soooooo "ditto"!! </valley girl voice-accent thing>

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1365 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
So I'm guessing you're not booking flights and hotels to attend?

You'll probably want to avoid watching the BBC for a few weeks.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoseyWales2:
Don't forget that little skirmish from 1812-1815.

The one where our national capital was burned to the ground and a large percentage of our ships were sent to the bottom or taken as prizes?

Posts: 2459 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The only question now is what to feed the birds in order to yield maximum effect.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1000065144/p/1

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10929 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
That girl is a phony and it tells you how naive the bits are...I mean an Hollywood pass around becomes wife to one of the so called Royals lols

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
My mother is a British subject having left the UK in 1946 and became a US citizen in 1956. She despises the Crown, who they are and what they represent.

The Britain’s are some very funny people...being ruled by people who know nothing about governance. All in the name of “my ancestors were the first to get here” BS.

And as for markle her acting career is over...she has discovered a pot of gold.

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I'm with the guy that said the only thing I know about any of this is what I've read right here in this thread.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post