SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I cannot even begin to tell you how very sick I am of hearing about Meghan Markel and her stupid wedding...
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I cannot even begin to tell you how very sick I am of hearing about Meghan Markel and her stupid wedding... Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...n_the_United_Kingdom. Wiki lists LMT for two agencies and the SIG 516 interestingly enough. Of course, whether Wiki is right is a different question.

Ah, right. The text, for anybody who can't be bothered, reads -

'LMT Defender AR-15 variant (used By Cheshire Police[6] and British Transport Police and Hampshire Police are in the process of a transition to this weapon system [citation needed])'

One county police force HAS them, and two other organisations are 'in the process of a transition' to them.

That does not constitute decades of use in my mind.

tac

I actually thought I had read 2-3 years ago that there had been a substantial LEO purchase in the UK (outside of the military contract). When I went looking, all I could find wsa the Wiki link which showed otherwise. But, a few are there.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
quote:
Originally posted by armored:

Child soon, divorce soon after, my prediction.

Harry's ex girlfriend attended the wedding. They broke up because she didn't want to live life in the spotlight. But they are still "friends". Sounds like Camilla and Charles. Couldn't get married but were still "friends"

If I would have tried to invite my former girlfriend to my wedding, I wouldn't have had a wedding!

You aren't a Royal...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
One county police force HAS them, and two other organisations (sp) are 'in the process of a transition' to them.

That does not constitute decades of use in my mind.

T.F.
to ease your restless nights, I spoke w/ Adam at L.M.T. , this a.m.

they began supplying them (the ministry of defense) with guns in "03"

"well over a thousand"

where they go after that , he does not know.

and Where you searched ? I don't know but it's not uncommon for people who buy a bunch of high end guns to NOT post it on the inner net.

Have a great memorial week end

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since meghans birth mom is black I don't think the royal family will take a chance on her popping out her first kid and having that kid be black with red hair. Diana was cavorting with a muslim and it was said she was pregnant and look how she ended up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: desmosedeci,

Posts: 205 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by desmosedeci:
Somehow I don't think the inbred royal family will take a chance on her popping out her first kid and having that kid be totally black with red hair. Diana was cavorting with a Muslim and look how she ended up.

Wut?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
ROD LIDDLE

Is Meghan’s wedding our ‘Obama moment’? Let’s hope not
Rod Liddle

26 May 2018 9:00 AM
Twitter
Facebook
LinkedIn
Whatsapp
Here’s something to bear in mind over the next few years. Be wary of taking advice on social justice from someone whose wedding dress cost 200,000 quid. Marks & Spencer does one for £69, off the peg. Meghan could have donated the remaining £199,931 to Generating Genius, the charity set up by the brilliant educationalist Tony Sewell which tries, with huge success, to get inner-city black kids into our top universities by instilling in them a respect for academic excellence, hard work and discipline. Instead of encouraging them to languish in a state of victimhood, which is the white liberal approach.

For sure, Meghan looked lovely and the wedding undoubtedly made a lot of people very happy, and one wishes her and Prince Harry nothing but the best for the future. But I’m not sure it was quite, in the words of our newly enrolled village idiot David Lammy, Britain’s ‘Obama moment’. Our Obama moments, if you must, came with Clyde Best scampering down the wing for West Ham in the late 1960s, or Trevor McDonald reading the news. I have yet to meet anyone, anywhere, who gave a monkey’s that Meghan Markle was of mixed race, or black. (You choose. And be careful about it, or they’ll get you.) The only people obsessed with Meghan’s race were the BBC and the Guardian, the usual self-flagellating, middle-class white liberals shackled to a weird obsession and forever rattling their chains.

If it was an Obama moment, mind, I assume we are now in for eight years of incompetence, ineffectuality and national decline, after which Harry will dump Meghan and marry someone very right-wing, with strange blonde hair and
a penchant for injudicious tweets. ‘Do you, Ginger Harry, take this woman, Katie Hopkins, to be your lawful wedded wife?’ etc. That will be the anti-Obama moment, then.

In many ways the wedding was the perfect expression of the very well-heeled liberal elite, given that its entire text seemed to be taken from a particularly stupid and vacuous John Lennon song, not to mention the inevitable presence of the bloody Clooneys and Elton’n’ David. Establishments change hands once every 40 or 50 years and the capture of the young royals may be the very last hurrah of our liberal elite, given that it already has the judiciary, the education system, the broadcast media, two-thirds of the Tory party, and the Church of England within its grasp.

Both Harry and Meghan seem personable young people but the role of a royal is not, as they and many commentators seem to believe, to ‘change the world’. It is to carry out duties with fortitude and discretion, much as Liz and Phil have done for 70 years, and keep your own fatuous opinions to yourself. But there’s not much chance of that, I fear. We are in for a tsunami of vapid emoting from two people who, however pleasant they might be — and they do seem to be pleasant — are not necessarily the best equipped to pontificate about the many real or imagined injustices in the world and what to do about them. It’s probably just a fantasy of mine but I could swear that, during the service, Princess Anne was thinking much the same thing. Whenever the camera panned across to her she had a look on her face that suggested a corgi was attached to her lower leg and vigorously expressing itself. Except that there are no more corgis, of course.

The paucity of the philosophy behind this liberal love-in was exemplified by the guest speaker — a man who was, once again, very charming and likeable. Bishop Michael Curry, from North Carolina, was presumably plucked from the ether by Justin Welby, the Archbishop of Canterbury, for I suspect Hazza and Megs hitherto didn’t have a clue that he existed. If Justin were determined to have a black American speak at the wedding, I’d much preferred it to have been Candace Owens, but never mind — Curry had chutzpah and power, and he was the hit of the service.

And yet what he actually said was banal to the point of imbecility. OK, he may have mentioned ‘the balm of Gilead’ a couple of times, which always cheers me up because it reminds me of Monty Python. But the rest of his address was the usual mindless pap about love being the only thing that matters. The whole world can be reformed simply by love! And wouldn’t that be lovely! It was like listening to an address by a whacked-out Yoko Ono: ‘Love is thing, hate isn’t,’ as Private Eye once paraphrased her.

And it is a very au courant thesis, if you can call it a thesis. ‘All you need is love, dooby, dooby doo.’ What kind of love? The love of a suicide bomber for his explosive belt? The love of an oligarch for his money and power? The love of a third-world despot for his death squads? The love of Harry, somewhere down the line, for someone who isn’t Meghan? Are all these loves OK?

And what possible answers do they give us? In political terms it is the usual left-liberal delusion of failing firstly to see the world as it is, and secondly, assuming we all have a common interpretation of what love is, what it should be. It is a kind of cultural arrogance, then, or at best an evasion.

But there is also an ecumenical reason to doubt Bishop Curry’s wisdom. As the former chaplain to the Queen, Gavin Ashenden, put it: ‘Curry’s Jesus is preoccupied with social justice and the celebration of romance and sexual love wherever it finds you. The real Jesus warned that social justice would never happen in this world, that heterosexual marriage was to be between a man and a woman, and that equality had nothing to do with the Kingdom of Heaven.’ It’s no good, then, cherry-picking Jesus.

Spectator.co.uk/Rodliddlelink

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
ROD LIDDLE

What we're his parents thinking?

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
It’s no good, then, cherry-picking Jesus.

Word.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:T.F.
to ease your restless nights, I spoke w/ Adam at L.M.T. , this a.m.

they began supplying them (the ministry of defense) with guns in "03"

"well over a thousand"

where they go after that , he does not know.

and Where you searched ? I don't know but it's not uncommon for people who buy a bunch of high end guns to NOT post it on the inner net.

Have a great memorial week end

Thank you, Sir, for your trouble. As you say, not everybody advertises what they have bought, but unlike the USA, this country does not have the thousands of armed BG companies that would soak up large numbers. The British Army and Royal Marines' buy was 1500, I recall, and even that small number makes me happy, even though most folks here have got more guns themselves.

I'll not sleep easier, thanks.

Best to you and yours this Memorial Weekend - I'll be remembering my own four contributions to military cemeteries in France, Germany and here in UK.

tac

PS - my deepest apologies to all concerned that my butterfly brain allowed a thread-drift in such an unexpected direction. However, I've already expressed my interest, or rather, profound lack of it, in the recent nuptials. TBH, like many others here and where YOU live, I couldn't give a rat's arse about it, except to say that, as ever, the Brits sure do put on a fine show of pomp and ceremony - in that, most us are agreed.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Ozzy Man strikes again. He cracks me up!

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnZBvkZGxgU

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
And we get to the part I care about...

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
And to wash it all down - the nutjob American who identifies as British:

Link

British Expert on the Royal Family Is Actually Tommy From Upstate New York

As the royal wedding unfolded, Thomas J. Mace-Archer-Mills, Esq. was on screen to enlighten many on the monarchy; he’s from north of Albany

When Britain’s Prince Harry and American actress Meghan Markle walked down the aisle May 19, royal-wedding fans watched on television around the world.

On the TV screen to enlighten many of them was a commentator named Thomas J. Mace-Archer-Mills, Esq. He has built a media persona over recent years as one of Britain’s authorities on the royalty, and he appeared in dozens of interviews leading up to the wedding to explain and defend the monarchy.

In his posh British accent, as crowds awaited Ms. Markle’s car, Mr. Mace-Archer-Mills told Norway’s TV 2: “The most important aspect is keeping integrity, keeping formality and making sure that the traditions and heritage that we have as British people remain at the forefront.”

As the couple approached St. George’s Chapel, he told France’s TF1 television: “We’re making world history.”

There are Anglophiles, royal-family devotees and people who obsess over BBC dramas. Then there is 38-year-old Mr. Mace-Archer-Mills, who started life as Thomas “Tommy” Muscatello, an Italian-American from upstate New York.

He loved England as a boy, he said, and had an innate feeling for British pronunciation as a youth, picking up his accent in a variety of ways, primarily from visiting the U.K.

His transformation into Mr. Mace-Archer-Mills, he said, came from a growing realization that he identified more as British than American. “I found where I’m supposed to be and who I am supposed to be.”

Mr. Mace-Archer-Mills is chairman of a group called the British Monarchist Society. He favors bow ties, tweed flat caps and top hats.

An elderly British man and woman have agreed he can call them grandparents, and he said he considers them family who have served the royals as good subjects do. He said he is applying for British citizenship.

He speaks of early years spent in Kent, a county in southern England, where “I learned to ride my horses.”

Mr. Mace-Archer-Mills has been a frequent commentator from London over the past few years. He has defended the monarchy on BBC radio, in a video for the Economist and on Comedy Central’s “The Jim Jefferies Show.” He said he doesn’t identify his citizenship to the media, but he discussed his origins when asked by The Wall Street Journal.

Aslaug Henriksen, head of foreign news at TV 2, said the channel wasn’t aware Mr. Mace-Archer-Mills is American by origin and added it wasn’t “important for us in this interview setting.” “The Jim Jefferies Show” said: “ If we had any journalistic standards, we imagine we’d be quite upset by this news. [emphasis added because I LOVE this line]

The BBC and the Economist declined to comment. TF1 didn’t respond to inquiries. Mr. Mace-Archer-Mills said he sees himself as a subject-matter expert.

He said his day job is in real estate, declining to give details about that or his immigration status.

His fascination with royalty began early, he said. Growing up in Bolton Landing, N.Y., an hour north of Albany, “even my toys had a royal nature.”

His father, Thomas Muscatello Sr., said of the teenage Tommy’s obsession: “He told me, ‘Dad, someday I want to move over there and be part of what’s going on.’ ”

His high-school music teacher, Jim Miller, remembers him as Mr. Sowerberry in a production of “Oliver.” Tommy plowed into Georgian-era history, he said, and “was also able to learn and duplicate a British accent and the appropriate mannerisms for his character, again all from his own research.”

Mr. Mace-Archer-Mills said he began using his accent with close friends back then and sometimes addressed them with “God save the queen.”

After graduating from Coastal Carolina University in Myrtle Beach, S.C., where he earned degrees in politics and history, he fell into real estate. He eventually started a firm, Imperial Group International, where by 2009 he was calling himself “Thomas J. Muscatello-DeLacroix,” which he said helped with French Canadian clients.

He called his one-story suburban home “Rosedown House” and hung out a Union Jack. After his business folded in the recession, he said, he spent more time in the U.K., relocating there in 2012.

“Mace-Archer-Mills” combines names of friends and distant relations, he said, including a family of Archers in England. Research into his lineage was inconclusive.

He considers his British grandfather to be George Mills, 83, a former grenadier guard living in Canterbury. Mr. Mills said that, about two decades ago, he was explaining the guards’ uniforms outside Buckingham Palace to his wife when teenage Tommy, visiting from America, overheard and asked him questions.

Mr. Mills said he visited South Carolina to see his new friend, who later asked if he could call Mr. Mills “grandfather.” Mr. Mills agreed. “I could tell he wasn’t very happy in the States.”

In 2012, he formed the British Monarchist Society, whose aim is preserving the monarchy and which holds events, enrolls members and takes donations.

Mervyn Redding, 80, a former civil servant living in Essex, said she met Mr. Mace-Archer-Mills at a monarchist-society event and eventually agreed he could call her “granny.”

“He is very personable,” she said, “and a perfectly normal person.”

He began building a public persona in London, starting a radio show on the royals, issuing news releases and eventually doing media interviews—getting paid for some, he said.

In 2015, he began publishing Crown and Country magazine, dedicated to royal topics. In April, the publisher launched a “Royal-themed cryptocurrency,” the Royal Coin. Websites tracking sales show few transactions. Mr. Mace-Archer-Mills said the currency is doing well, having only just started.

The Serbian royal family hired him last year as a consultant on matters including “running of households,” he said. A royal-family representative said he “provided assistance in organizing the Serbian Royal wedding, he is not a Royal Advisor to the Royal Family of Serbia.” Mr. Mace-Archer-Mills said he is still advising the family on projects.

He spoke in September at a conference in Qatar hosted by a Qatari opposition member who is part of that country’s royal family and whom he said he advised. The host didn’t respond to inquiries.

“He sounded like somebody from London or the Home Counties trying to sound posher than he is,” said Jason Nisse, a British public-relations executive who set up the event. “I certainly didn’t know he was originally American.”

Mr. Mace-Archer-Mills said he believes his accent is more rooted in London’s West End and Canterbury.

On visits to the U.S., he doesn’t revert to native pronunciation. “I said to Tommy: ‘Can’t you speak in your regular American accent?’ ” his father said. “He said it’s hard for him. This is his accent now.”

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Thomas J. Mace-Archer-Mills, Esq.
Double hyphen. Sweet.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Every freaking day on the Fox News website- Meghan Marklar.

Every

Freaking

Day

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Every freaking day on the Fox News website- Meghan Marklar.

Every

Freaking

Day

Hahahhaa I haven’t seen a TV since last Sunday.....and I could care less about the royal family. as far as I’m concerned, we decided about not caring back in 1776. Pip pip hurray.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
TomS, nice truck.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I have absolutely no idea who this person is.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Then, you must not visit any of the mainstream news websites. Otherwise, you couldn't possibly avoid the daily- no exaggeration- daily stories on this chick. Every single day.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

I have absolutely no idea who this person is.
You don’t read the gossip rags in the check-out line at Publix?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isnt Muscatello a cheap wine? Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post