SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ben Shaprio Live at UConn (1/24/18)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ben Shaprio Live at UConn (1/24/18) Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted
This might be his best event yet. He continues to refine his thinking and message, and his delivery is often like a terminator operating at 8X normal speed.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFGLU2bxJGE

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I watched it all. Great show. Thanks

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
his delivery is often like a terminator operating at 8X normal speed.

Totally agree, he could be MUCH more effective as speaker with deploying some timing tips.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Enjoy listening to him but it's time he comes up with some new facts to talk about. It's the same stuff for every speech. I had to fast forward to the Q&A session...

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. Well worth the time.

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Two things that really impacted me about that video.

One, the number of students simply reading questions from their phones. I'm left with the question, are they incapable of listening to the presentation and formulating their own questions/statements? Then there was the young lady toward the end who "isn't a fan", but could hardly construct and vocalize a cogent question Ben could respond to.

And two, which I think to be the most important take away, was how those with differing opinions were treated by everyone who attended the presentation. No one was belittled or shouted down, or made to feel (hate using that word) inferior for disagreeing with any of the positions Ben offered. My bet is if someone walked into the College Democrats meeting that was occurring during Ben's speech, and offered an opposing view, the response and outcome would have been quite different. That in my opinion is what is going to move a majority of people away from liberalism in the end.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post