SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Motorcycle Folks: A little eye candy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motorcycle Folks: A little eye candy Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted

Got these engine guards and skid plate for my FJ. Comes from an outfit called "Higdonion". Really quality stuff and they make variations for a lot of models. If you're looking for something like this, all I can say is they're the Dave Truong of motorcycle accessories IMHO.

The "blurple" powder coat matches my wheels exactly and looks like it's about 3" deep. I needed a towel and a cigarette after I unpacked them.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Very nice Smile

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
Sexy! Smile

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Starting to look like Ducati trellis frames!
Big Grin

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thought saw a FJ last Sunday. The rider called it a twin paralell ? Beleive he said was a 700 cc bike. It had a much bigger rear tire.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
OH, I do like that...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Enjoy your ride.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an FJ-09 myself, awesome bike! I've installed damn near every part made, but they're never finished.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Thought saw a FJ last Sunday. The rider called it a twin paralell ? Beleive he said was a 700 cc bike. It had a much bigger rear tire.

Sounds like a Kawasaki Versys. Very similar. Of course, the Yamaha is better... Big Grin

The FJ is a 900cc Triple. Tad over 100 hp. Smooth as silk.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:
I have an FJ-09 myself, awesome bike! I've installed damn near every part made, but they're never finished.

You a member over at fj-09.org? Pretty good forum, well moderated. Lot of information there.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder.

Bob

Big Grin

I could do without the Transformer plastic on the front, but I find the color combination and the sweep of the engine guards pleasing.

I love pretty much everything else about that bike, especially the upright, crippled old fart seating position.

And that engine...oy!

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
That Corbin seat looks comfy.... I'm a big fan of Corbin.
I've had a few on my bikes over the years and they are worth every penny.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
That Corbin seat looks comfy.... I'm a big fan of Corbin.
I've had a few on my bikes over the years and they are worth every penny.

ANY-thing would be an improvement over the plank that Yamaha put on it.

Just got the Corbin and it's a little stiff but I'm told there's a break-in period.

It's also a tad taller, just enough so that the reach to the handlebars is right on the edge of uncomfortable and makes me want to slide forward onto the narrow portion of the seat.

I've got some handlebar risers coming to lift the bars about an inch-and-a-half which should take care of that.

While I'm at it, I ordered a longer clutch cable as several owners have commented that the stocker takes too sharp of a turn right off the clutch lever and tends to fray. With the added height that could be a real problem, so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

Sounds like a Kawasaki Versys. Very similar. Of course, the Yamaha is better... Big Grin

The FJ is a 900cc Triple. Tad over 100 hp. Smooth as silk.
It was a new Yamaha but 2 cylinder.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sounds like a Super Tenere' it's the only street twin I'm aware of, but it's 1100cc.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

Sounds like a Super Tenere' it's the only street twin I'm aware of, but it's 1100cc.

Isn't the FZ07 a twin? It's 700 (well 689) cc's and looks similar to the FJ.

As to the FJ09 Paul, very slick looking bike. Had one get behind me about a week ago on Rt. 29S between Warrenton and Culpeper, here in VA. Windy as all get out that day and he looked like he was fighting it but he was happy doing it. I just got an 04 FZ1 and that thing is crazy. Powerful, comfy, and can be let loose if you have the balls for it. I want one of the new FZ-10's but can't see paying that kind of money for a new one. May wait and see if I can get a used one for cheap in the next year or two.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

Isn't the FZ07 a twin? It's 700 (well 689) cc's and looks similar to the FJ.

Yup, I bet that's it. Missed it when I was rummaging around on the Yamaha site.

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
All of these recent threads are really pushing me to finally get my endorsement

Looks like FUN!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
All of these recent threads are really pushing me to finally get my endorsement

Looks like FUN!

jjkroll32, more temptation for you here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7690047224

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post