SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We'll get right on that, OPEC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We'll get right on that, OPEC Login/Join 
posted
http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/1...-s-supply/index.html

We've got those one trick pony terrorist supporting idiots by the throat. Don't let go.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Competition breeds innovations in efficiency.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Competition breeds innovations in efficiency.

I love capitalism.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
If US producers complied, it would be criminal anti-competitive behavior. The DoJ frowns on price rigging.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some the oil rich nations (most revenue comes from oil and gas) are unwilling to cut production because they need the revenue, but they're own short term thinking continues to drive down prices (and revenues!). Cut production baby! While the US is a big player, we aren't dependent upon oil and we aren't nearly as big as the other oil-dependent nations.

Waa haaa.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
If US producers complied, it would be criminal anti-competitive behavior. The DoJ frowns on price rigging.
Only when its done without the government getting a cut and having a say.

Our own tatortodd is the man I want to hear input from on this topic...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, "please don't pump so much oil, please don't pump so much oil....."

Weren't these the douchebags that ramped up their own production a few years ago to force oil prices down in order to shut down US petroleum producers and US frackers in particular?

Hmmmm.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:Weren't these the douchebags that ramped up their own production a few years ago to force oil prices down in order to shut down US petroleum producers and US frackers in particular?

Hmmmm.

Those would be the ones.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Weren't these the douchebags that ramped up their own production a few years ago to force oil prices down in order to shut down US petroleum producers and US frackers in particular?

Hmmmm.

Always nice to see capitalism working in its purest form. Instead of killing our producers, the competition forced them to become more efficient, and now they can compete at much lower prices.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The last several decades they were rolling in the dough and could have diversified their economies and educated their people so a downturn in oil prices wouldn't have tanked their economies.
Instead they financed our enemies all over the world, and the ones at the top of the economic food chain acted like the gluttons they are. All the while the common folks there lived in poverty, helping to create the terrorist problem we have now.
Now we have them by the balls, for a while. Russia, Venezuela, and the middle eastern producers are having their power threatened so no wonder they want prices up.
Drill baby, drill. Bring them to their knees and lower if at all possible.

Posts: 9499 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, ya gotta give the Saudis that (whether it was intentional or not) - when they flooded the market, they hosed Russia even worse than they hosed us.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That was an attempt by the Saudis to punish the other producers and get them in line. It may have worked to some extent, except of course, with us.

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Hmmmm.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Read somewhere that between offshore and fracking, the US has more oil than the Saudis (though not all of it can be extracted at $40-60/bl) and also some rumor that the Saudis are pumping like 35-40% seawater these days.

I think Saudis' cost is really low though - like $10-17 a barrel?

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Drill baby drill! That article brought a smile to my face.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Read somewhere that between offshore and fracking, the US has more oil than the Saudis (though not all of it can be extracted at $40-60/bl) and also some rumor that the Saudis are pumping like 35-40% seawater these days.

Hell...if they invented a car that runs on sea water, I'd never move from here Razz

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I don't think President Trump will be bowing to these basturds any time soon!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8347 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I still remember 1973. Screw them.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:

Probably they are injecting salt water to lift the oil. This is pretty certain the field is in decline. Tatortodd could elaborate, if he sees this.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
I still remember 1973. Screw them.

Amen!

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Their fields are declining and that's not alarming. That's still a low water cut and low lift costs. In Long Beach, water cut is upwards of 98% and lift costs is $25+ per barrel.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post