SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Member who paints or draws pet pictures?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Member who paints or draws pet pictures? Login/Join 
easy money
posted
Hello!

My wife is looking - told her someone here does it. Please help me locate this member.

Thank you!

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If you are unable to find out who the member is, my daughter does some pretty good work, and I can put you in touch with her if you like.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
If you are unable to find out who the member is, my daughter does some pretty good work, and I can put you in touch with her if you like.

Would you mind posting some of her work? My wife and I had two wonderful dogs that passed on some time ago. She wanted a particular artist that was in our area to do a portrait, but she dropped off the radar.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6086 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello!

No other responses to my question - please message me your daughters contact info. Thank you!

Jim

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Just spoke with my daughter and regrettably, she is tied up doing custom jewelry work and does not want to commit to something she is not sure she can devote the best effort to produce.

My apologies. I should have asked her before I posted.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post

In Adobe CS2 and other image processing programs, there is a choice of filters. One of the images was done in "chalk" and the other in "graphic pen." The original, which I didn't post here, is of a longhorn I took a while back, and I'm using it here as an example of what can be done with just a click of a button in the program.

There are different settings in each filter to personalize the effect, but these two were the default choice.

You can pay someone to paint or "artist" a subject, but good old fashioned image processing programs can do what may be acceptable to many people cheaper and with ease.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1169 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
You may consider the website www.fiverr.com type in "oil Painting" at the search.

Basically the sight is a commerce hub for commoditized online services. I know a digital oil painting of your pet isnt the "real" thing however nowhere else will you find someone to do it for $5-$35 bucks.

The best part is you pay fiverr, fiverr pays the artists and the communication is done via their website. I am currently having logo's done there. 36 bucks got me 6 logos, with 4 revisions all the file types I needed.

You also get to view their ratings, how many times theyve been used and samples that they provide.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello!

Thank you folks for the ideas. I was hoping to keep my monies inside this group, and I'm saddened that I cannot find the member who does this work.

I will look into the options shared.

Thank you again,

Jim

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Check your email in your profile, please.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oregon:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Would you mind posting some of her work? My wife and I had two wonderful dogs that passed on some time ago. She wanted a particular artist that was in our area to do a portrait, but she dropped off the radar.

Oregon, you have no email in your profile. I may have an option for you if you contact me from the one in my profile.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
My ex ex ex girlfriend does pet portraits. LBG art on Facebook. Excellent work, just make sure you send her a good picture to work from.

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
this was a piece commissioned by a good friend of his dog.. pretty incredible work.

the artists name is Matthew Greskiewicz, his business is MG Drawing Studio. http://www.mgdrawingstudio.com/

he does great people and cats too!

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
If you can't find anyone in the forum, I have a friend who does commissioned animal work. He lives in Germany, so I don't know what the turn around time is, but I can get you in touch with him. Here is some of his work:

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
www.mrsdogfire.com

Posts: 1296 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
My late Yorkshire Terrier/Pomeranian mix that didn't make it to his first birthday. We miss you dearly, Harvey!!! For just a click of the default setting, you get this on Adobe CS2. Not too bad if someone with a better eye tweaks it.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Another Harvey image with Jellybean.

My current girls - "Zooey", "Jellybean" and Harvey's mother, "Twiggy."

posted Hide Post
My son in law is a professional wildlife artist. His work is sold at Big Horn Gallery in Cody WY and a couple of other galleries. He also does some private commission work as time allows. Not cheap, but beautiful work. Check out his website...

http://shawngould.com/artworks/

Shawn just told me he just got a commission doing a pet Golden Retreiver for someone in Cody.

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello!

Wonderful info here - thank you everyone!!! The line drawing stuff is what I recall seeing, but I'll look at all of the options.

Love this group!

Jim