SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fountain Pen User Roll Call
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fountain Pen User Roll Call Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have used them here and there--mostly there-- throughout my life, and not recently. Have a few decent ones, but nothing really special. I never wrote very well with them; don't know if it was the pens or me, although my parents both used them when I was young (they were much more prevalent/popular up to and through the fifties and early sixties). Might try one again someday; I like the idea of them.

Posts: 2690 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Me. Several Viscontis and Pelikans, Mont Blancs, Aurora Asia and Africa, Montegrappas, but my favorite is a Nakaya customized for me by Mr. Watanabe and nibmeister Richard Binder. An addiction, like Sigs!

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I have a Lamy that I keep at the office. I mostly use it to doodle during conference calls.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Fountain pen? I cannot even write any more.

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fountain pens are addictive! Have quite a few and love writing with them to the point of going back and working on my penmanship.

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerkyjer
posted Hide Post
Lamy, inherited from a wife's gift. Enjoy writing with it. A conversation piece and helped me with a couple good size sales. PIA to remove the cap though, clickers are still my go to.

Oh, also just switched to the reloadable ink cartridges, I like a lot!

War Eagle!

Posts: 206 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I used one when I was working. Now, not so much because I don't need to write anything. Have a cheap Boaer 388 silver fountain pen and 1/2 bottle of Noodler's bulletproof black right in front of me but hardly use it. I carry a Zebra G-301 0.7mm gel around with me.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I have about a dozen that I rotate through as the mood takes me: Mont Blanc, Aurora, Waterman, a couple I can no longer even identify. The fat Mont-Blanc Meisterstuck rode in my shirt pocket for more thatn 25 years of my 30 years in banking loaded with Pelikan Brilliant Black for most of that time.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to be a fountain pen collector, had 500 plus fountain pens. But, when I suffered a series of strokes in 2010, for a while, my entire right side was paralysed. My ability to write was totally shot. Plus, I began to worry about whether or not I would survive, and so, I got rid of most of my pens. I have kept only 20 of my pens, the ones I actually use. I have 9 Mont Blanc 149s, a couple of Pelikan m1000s, a couple of Sailor 1911 Realos, a couple of Parker Duofolds Lucky Curve Seniors and I use Lamy Al-Star as my EDc pens.
I still do enjoy using fountain pens, and am still a moderator at the Fountain Pen Network forum.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I used Pilot Varsitys all though high school. now I carry a fisher AG-7 space pen.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I use a Parker Duofold daiyl.

I also collect (although I have not added anything since the 2015 Columbus Pen Show), vintage and some modern fountain pens.

I need to take some current pics.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
This may be a little off topic, but what color ink do you guys like?

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
This may be a little off topic, but what color ink do you guys like?

As cited in my post above: BROWN

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like blue inks, have Aurora Blue, Waterman Serenity Blue, and Quink Royal Blue, plus sometimes I use Irosuzuku ink in the Kon-Peki color.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ardbeg:
Hi guys,
Curious how many fountain pen users we have among us.

Guilty. I've been a fan of, and have used fountain pens, since 1966 or so when my folks gifted me a Parker 45 and I have at least a dozen or so and more ink bottles than I can ever hope to use up. I have a 1 liter bottle of washable blue Scrip that I found in a junk store, orange, brown, several blues, red, gold, green(s), purple - help me, I'm sick. I still have that original Parker 45 that I took notes with all through college, and moms' italic point Schaeffer she used in high school, my dads' Esterbrook he used in the Navy in WWII, a Waterman Opera like the one posted in a previous post, and my latest pen a Montgrappa italic point.

I didn't realize how popular they were with SigForumites, no one I know locally owns one.

Light bender eye mender

Posts: 412 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Just started getting into fountain pens. Bought a Lamy Safari and a Pilot Metropolitan. Both are pretty basic entry levels.

I'm using a big-ass bottle of Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have a couple. A sterling silver Parker with 3 nibs, and a Schaeffer from the 1930s or 40s.

I like brilliant blue ink, or emerald green. My color when I was in lawfirms was green. We used different inks so each person's comments were unique.

I would like more pens, and more ink, because I enjoy writing with a proper pen, but I just don't use pens enough to make carrying and using fountain pens practical, and there are no stores near me where I can buy ink, meaning ink would have to be an internet and ship item.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I prefer the blue ink.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few... Changing photo hosting, so here's the ones I could find uploaded:

1930s Parker Vacumatic hiding behind a Remington 51 in .32 ACP

A 1920s Parker Duofold with 1911:

This is a very cool Waterman 94 with a French sterling silver overlay, from the 1930s:

I collect vintage, but prefer using modern pens, for the "just in case" factor.
Bill R

Posts: 1120 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Here are a few. the Black Duofold is my EDC.

I need to get some better pics.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve