SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A family vacation to remember but not in a good way
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A family vacation to remember but not in a good way Login/Join 
Picture of notarex
posted Hide Post
I too find it ridiculous that they funded this mess on Kickstarter, and their choice of location seems idiotic. However, the father showed some real stones by escaping the pirates- I know I'd rather take my chances with the local fauna.

Posts: 498 | Location: NH | Registered: August 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Insect bites...jungle...Brazil...

Makes one wonder how many wolves the doctors tweezered out from under their skin?

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find myself wondering if they had flower stickers all over that van. The whole thing sounds like a very hippie thing to do.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
What’s next? A family hiking trip near the Iraq/Iran border?

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
What’s next? A family hiking trip near the Iraq/Iran border?

Perhaps a photo vacation in North Korea...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15574 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Seems like future Darwin Award winners....where is their next vacation going to be, New Guinea to visit the Danielle tribe. Say hello to Michael Rockefeller while youre there!

quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
They will likely learn all the wrong lessons from this.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I'll give the guy credit for taking matters into his own hands and deciding on escape. In hindsight, that was probably a bad decision since the pirates just stole a bunch of stuff and let everyone go--but maybe if you were there you would have gotten a bad vibe about them, and with your pretty wife and kids to protect, you might have made the same decision. Making an escape decision must have been hard, and sitting there and letting everyone convince you that everything is going to be okay would have been the easy decision. For myself, getting into the water anywhere in the Amazon is full of all sorts of "hell no," so credit where credit is due.

I'll also give him credit for having a survival kit packed and taking the surf board as a low profile float (probably setting kids up ontop out of the water) was a good choice.

If I didn't have a desire to make a bunch of money and have a bunch of nice things, I could totally see myself setting up an expedition rig and traveling the world in it.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post