SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any preferred rotors and brake pads?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any preferred rotors and brake pads? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of Akebono Ceramics. I've used them on my last two mercedes vehicles and there was a noticeable difference in stopping power and much less brake dust. I also replaced the rotors at the same time with a Raybestos product.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If your rotors lasted 138k I would think OEM would fit the bill nicely. They may cost more but you won't need to worry about the for a very long time.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
99.9% of the time Advance Auto has the best prices, especially with discount codes. They are also 99.9% in stock. Free ship to store. Free ship to home at certain dollar point.

My findings as well. Better to wear the pads versus the rotors. I have the original rotors on my C2500 Chevy with 206K miles.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Question: Why are your replacing the rotors? Simply because of the miles, or are they worn down to the point they might not pass inspection?

Good question. They are warped I believe. I get a pretty good vibration braking at certain times. I'll let up and then they will catch differently and not vibrate.

Thanks everyone for responding.

Odd that if the rotors are warped it would only vibrate while braking sometimes. As reflex/deflex 64 said, replace the caliper slide hardware too.

Posts: 6918 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 81chop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I'm a Raybestos fan but I've heard great things about the Napa line.

A couple of weeks ago, I put the Napa Adaptive One Ceramic pads on my car with rotors from Car Quest. Best brakes I've ever had on the car. For the rear, I got shoes right from the dealer, which were cheaper than the parts stores. Finally happy with this combo.

Dave

Posts: 110 | Location: Central WI | Registered: March 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post