SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have decided I love cheese
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have decided I love cheese Login/Join 
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted
I have recently come to the conclusion (after 56 yrs) that I LOVE cheese. It just simply makes everything better. Burgers, hotdogs, crackers, chips, rice, etc., etc., Just toss it on and it is better! :-)

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yep.

The only thing better than cheese, is putting cheese on cheese!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Care to provide the details? Lots of different cheeses out there. I like just about all cheese excepting norwegian goat cheese and cambenbert. Processed cheese, yuck!

Here is a YT for a recipe featuring baked brie. I have not baked this specific recipe but a similar one. Although baked brie seems to be more of a cold weather offering, have at it!

https://youtu.be/Tkzz9dW9Yms

As an hot weather alternative, consider the Red Lion Mustard Cheese with mortadella or gelbwurst and crackerz. Mighty fine!!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I enjoy trying out new cheeses to find different types worthy of purchasing again. Lately, I've been on a Jarlsberg, ghost pepper and white cheddar kick.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Yesterday for lunch I had ‘mater & American cheese sammiches, with thick slices of beefsteak tomatoes as the “bread”.

Slice 1/2 to 5/8” thick. Lightly salt and let water pull out, or pat dry.

Add pepper, mayo, mustard, and two slices of good deli cheese.

Eat.

My wife has a recipe for Mac and Cheese that is insane. I think it came from America’s Test Kitchen. It’s literally addictive.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Striker,
Sounds delish.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I have always loved cheese. I love different kinds. I usually pick them up from costco or bevmo. Only kind I don't like now are those kraft sliced cheese for sandwiches as they're too salty for my tastes now.

I cut some cheese as often as I can.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
If you have Publix (or another retailer that sells Boars Head products) nearby...pick up some of the Boars Head Butterkase cheese in the deli...it makes the best grilled cheese sandwich I've ever tasted Smile...
Now I want one! Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Love it, but the prices have gotten outrageous..

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
If you like cheese, you should try bacon. You can even use them together!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
So, what in particular is your favorite cheese?

Mine is Tosccano, followed by Manchego.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there are other places out there like this, but in Minneapolis we have Surdyk's Liquor and Cheese Shop. They employ Cheesemongers who will happily slice off a hunk of any cheese they have for you to sample and are very knowledgeable about their products. This is a dangerous store for me to go into...

Posts: 1800 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I love just about any cheese, except Limburger. Might like that too, if I could get past its smell.

Just about every country has some cheese that’s a national pride. But a few years ago it occurred to me that I’d never heard of any Chinese cheese. I asked one of my Chinese coworkers about that. “We don’t like it,” he said. “It tastes like soap to us.” Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
If you like cheese, you should try bacon. You can even use them together!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Cheese, nothin mo better

Cheese while a staple of food has also been a staple of monetary trade for centuries.

Parmigiano Reggiano is highly regulated, it has to be produced in a specific region of Italy, the wheels of the cheese are accepted as collateral for bank loans.

The value of a wheel is about $3000, and recently a ring of cheese thieves were hitting smaller manufacturers, they'd steal the wheels, cut them up and sell on the black market. Who knew there was a black market for cheese....

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
“How can anyone govern a nation that has two hundred and forty-six different kinds of cheese?” — Charles de Gaulle

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

I love just about any cheese, except Limburger. Might like that too, if I could get past its smell.
Back when McSorley's was a "men only" pub, we used to meet after work on Friday. A buck and a half would get you a large platter of pumpernickel bread, butter, limburger cheese, and onion slices. Mugs of ale were two for thirty-five cents.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Nice to have you along.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7503 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
There may have been one or more occasions that I made a small meal out of a pack of sliced Kraft cheese.

As a kid, my parents often took us on weekend drives with a stop at one of the country stores for some deli sliced bologna, cheese and crackers.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post