New
Find
Notify
Tools

FALL BACK Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder! I forgot! I will ALWAYS take an extra hour of sleep.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The older I get the more I despise it getting dark early. Who wants darkness at 5:30? It's just stupid.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3526 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I would like to strangle whoever is responsible for this. I hate leaving work and driving home in the dark. I have trouble seeing in the dark with bright lights.

It's so maddening that my phone doesn't even know how to react to it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
The older I get the more I despise it getting dark early. Who wants darkness at 5:30? It's just stupid.

Amen brother.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I suppose a side effect of not watching TV is that I totally forgot about this. Oh well, got an extra 7-11 coffee this morning.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
There is not a single person I know that likes the whole day light savings mess...yet it still remains. Why is this?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hvyhawler:
I don't mind it. It sure is nice to have daylight till 10 pm in the summer. Doesn't matter to me when the temperature drops....

Same for me.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
There is not a single person I know that likes the whole day light savings mess...yet it still remains. Why is this?

For the same reason we haven't been able to get rid of any other failed government program.

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.
--Milton Friedman

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24072 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post