SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Illinois f.o.i.d. card holders ( update)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Illinois f.o.i.d. card holders ( update) Login/Join 
posted
I just found out that current waiting times for renewal's are 60 days, per a phone message by the state office.

I filled out my renewal three weeks ago , and mine is not up until June.
I am glad I did it ahead of time and I am glad I called to check on it' processing.

F.y.i. don't wait until the last minute

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. No surprise really. The only thing the state is efficient at is cashing your checks.

Posts: 3909 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
This was announced last week:

The Illinois State Police also announced last week an emergency rule easing renewal requirements for firearm owner’s identification cards and concealed carry permits during the coronavirus pandemic.

Effective immediately, FOID cards and concealed carry permits will remain valid during the duration of Pritzker’s disaster proclamation and for 12 months after if the holders submit renewal applications, even if they weren’t submitted before the expiration date.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Anyone that has had their card delayed, make sure you keep a receipt of renewal with you.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
receipt of renewal

I don't know what that is

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
quote:
receipt of renewal

I don't know what that is

If you have renewed your FOID card, you will have a cancelled check, confirmation or transaction number of payment and the date sent. This has happened to numerous individuals, also include active duty police officers, so it was advised by ISP to keep whatever copy of payment or receipt of said payment as a record of renewal. Feel free to email me if I can help further, email is in my profile.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mine was done over the phone w/ a credit card

Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
quote:

You will have a transaction number and date of payment on your credit card statement. Print a copy of that and carry that along with your FOID.

The Working Police.....

posted Hide Post
thanks, I am hoping my new card will be here before June , we'll see.
I did check , they have charged my acct

posted Hide Post
quote:
. Did I mention that it took 40 phone calls over a three day period to get payment done over the phone?

posted Hide Post
I'm surprised it took only 40 calls.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I'm surprised it took only 40 calls.

Sad but absolutely true.....

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Illinois yeah. Grew up in Chicago. Move to the South we do not have any of that. My sister got her FOID card, but lost interest in firearms. {Girlfriends not interested} She is a Republican with lots of Democratic girl friends. LOL

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I got a letter from me. Prixter today.

It said that expired foid cards are still good for 18 months after they expire.

Thanks for letting me know,
Nine months after my re application.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did I mention that it took 40 phone calls over a three day period to get payment done over the phone?
If I've told you once, I've told you thirty million times: don't exaggerate.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The lady that finally answered told me that I got lucky, and I should purchase a lottery ticket.

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Permit renewal i understand (PA here) - but you need to renew a FOID? How often and at what cost? Is that per firearm?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Permit renewal i understand (PA here) - but you need to renew a FOID? How often and at what cost? Is that per firearm?

I have the same question. It's bad enough to have to pay for a carry permit, but to have to pay for a permit to simply OWN a gun or ammo...and to have to periodically pay to renew it, definitely sucks. I'm not sure how IL gets that BS through the courts.

Posts: 8540 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A FOID is good for 10 years. Cost is $10 plus the service fee and you can't pay in cash, by check or money order anymore. It must be an electronic payment.

There is at least one and maybe more lawsuits to get the FOID requirement thrown out winding through the IL courts. Covid has slowed that down needless to say, potentially the insane delays that were only exacerbated by Covid will help get it tossed but I would not bet the farm on that at the state court level.

I can't imagine an IL FFL selling anything to someone with a FOID that is expired on its face, extension or not. Not to mention trying to do a FTF transfer since you have to call those in to the state too.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"can't imagine an IL FFL selling anything to someone with a FOID that is expired on its face, extension or not."

I've purchased ammo , when I could find it, on four occasions.

And had two FFL's tell me that they would sell me fire arms.
After they called in.