SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Local McDonald's Is Trying To Copy CFA's Table Service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Local McDonald's Is Trying To Copy CFA's Table Service Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I get coffee a lot from DD or McDonald's depending on which is in the vicinity and the other evening on my way home from work I stopped at McDonald's for one and went inside as the drive through was 15 cars deep. Normally I don't ever really go inside, so I was kind of surprised to see they changed the front counter pretty radically from what it used to be.

Instead of one higher, solid counter, it's now these really low (first thing I thought was ADA?) individual stations up front and there were stacks of plastic table signs, looks like they will bring the food out to you like CFA does. It's a bit jarring to not see a solid counter going all the way across like that and I wonder if they are going to be self-serve kiosks eventually?

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Been doing this with the new or remodeled locations here for a year or so now.
The new one they just built has a self serve kiosk it one is so inclined.

The Arby’s they built next door to closed after about 2 months of the McDonalds opening.
Kind and of pissed me off as I now have to drive a bit more to get my after 2pm Arby’s Sliders snack and jamoca shake.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I get coffee a lot from DD or McDonald's depending on which is in the vicinity and the other evening on my way home from work I stopped at McDonald's for one and went inside as the drive through was 15 cars deep. Normally I don't ever really go inside, so I was kind of surprised to see they changed the front counter pretty radically from what it used to be.

Instead of one higher, solid counter, it's now these really low (first thing I thought was ADA?) individual stations up front and there were stacks of plastic table signs, looks like they will bring the food out to you like CFA does. It's a bit jarring to not see a solid counter going all the way across like that and I wonder if they are going to be self-serve kiosks eventually?

Some of the nicer ones already have self serve kiosks.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
One should note that CFA is not self-service. They are as busy as hell and they deliver your food to you to get you the hell out of the way. So to speak.

CFA doesn't just deliver your food, they ensure that you're happy with your meal and offer to get you refills. They will stop by and take your trash as well.

Hey McDs, it's called customer service, not keep up with the jones'. You have a long way to go.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Just shows how long it's been since I graced a McDonalds joint with my presence.

I think the last time was up in Canada and they had those self service computers to make your order.

Must be nearly 2 years since I stopped at a US McDs and sat inside.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Hardees/Carls Jr. Do the "to the table" delivery.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
If Chick-fil-A ever opened a burger joint with the same customer service model, McDonald’s would probably lose half of their customers.

I went to KFC on Sunday when Chick-fil-A was closed and the cashier acted like she was doing me a favor by taking my money. I honestly don’t know how they stay in business.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whataburger does table service, too. The one near me has an excellent Manager.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
There's one in the next town over from us that has the self service kiosks. They will also bring your food out to you. The place is typically clean and the people who work there are friendly. Because of that, if the wife (fish filet sandwich) or kid (chicken nuggets & fries) gets a craving, we'll drive further out to that one.

Maybe competition has made McDonald's realize they need to step their service up?

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Haven’t been to a McDs in forever (their coffee gives me the poops). I will check out the new McDs that was recently built a city over. I wish CFA would open more restaurants near me. As it is I have to drive 15 minutes to get to one (passing two McDs) which I gladly do.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Haven’t been to a McDs in forever (their coffee gives me the poops).
Has it been a long time? Reason I ask, McDonald's has been serving a premium coffee for a couple years. Certainly not the best I've ever had, but definitely drinkable. I'm sort of picky about my coffee, and I have no complaints about McDonald's.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The self-serve kiosks are wonderful things at McDonalds. They make it easier to customize an item. (I occasionally have a filet of fish during Lent on Friday, but tartar sauce is gross. As are lettuce, tomato, pickles, or onions on a sandwich.)

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
The McD's near me, still employ surly workers, who communicate in broken English Roll Eyes I don't care if English is not your first language, I just don't like having to repeat my order 2-3 times.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
The entire point of fast food is to eliminate table service. This is how they are doing it in Tokyo. CFA better step up their game.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Our Burger King offered a unique service. Very popular until raided by the Rockingham County Task force. That was a sight.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/201...ris-meagan-dearborn/

Brought new meaning to....

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
The entire point of fast food is to eliminate table service. This is how they are doing it in Tokyo. CFA better step up their game.

5910 Yen

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post