SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wife Gave Me an Apple Watch for My Birthday
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife Gave Me an Apple Watch for My Birthday Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Revolution37:
https://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE...300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Not an app, but I love this case/band for it. I've had SupCase cases on my iPhones before and find them to be a very comparable alternative to Otterbox or LifeProof at a fraction of the cost.

I wear this case/band at work (police officer) and I really feel comfortable that the watch is protected.

Very interesting, I may have to try this. Thanks for posting. I really like the Apple original band, so I may consider one of the similar looking bumper only cases that allow you to keep the Apple band on.

Like everything Apple, their original bands are not cheap but they are NOT the same material as the cheap replacement silicone bands from other companies. They feel great, they don't grab arm hair, they don't attract dirt and crap and the clasp is pure simplistic genius that works.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I was an early adopter of the original Apple Watch in stainless steel. I was one of the few people I knew who got one on launch day. I remember posting about it here all excited about it and caught a lot of flack from The Sigforum members....oh how times have changed lol

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I have read about the Apple Watch being able to tell you about your quality of sleep. I did some quick research and found an app for $2 that is rated pretty high: https://itunes.apple.com/us/ap...ic/id1179236591?mt=8

I bought it and will try it tonight. Normally I charged my watch all night, but now I guess I will charge it while getting ready for bed an then put it on to go to sleep. It is usually around 80% when I start getting ready for bed and it is now at 100% as I am about to go to bed. I am interested in what it says.

Anyone else use sleep apps?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StorminNormin,

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I was an early adopter of the original Apple Watch in stainless steel. I was one of the few people I knew who got one on launch day. I remember posting about it here all excited about it and caught a lot of flack from The Sigforum members....oh how times have changed lol

Yeah I thought the watch was silly when it first came out, but then decided to wait until a few new series came out to get one.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My wife like's hers a lot. For her most recent birthday she got upgraded to the Series 3, not so much for features or improvements, but because her Series 1 battery was only making it to 7pm. The new watch has about 60% left at 7pm.

She has had some trouble getting ApplePay on the watch to work though. (both of them)

Her Series 1 was one of the first and the battery charging pod on back fell out, or stayed on the charger. They gave her a replacement early on. It was an issue with the glue.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Ok, I learned two new things today. I bought a screen protector for my watch and needed to turn it off to install it. If you hold down the side button, you get the option to turn the watch off or make an SOS call.

I also had an app freeze up on my watch and needed to find out how to force shut down the app. With the app open, you first hold down the side button. Then when the screen to turn off or call SOS pops up, you then hold down the dial and it will force close the app.

ETA: Also, if you hold down both the side button and dial at the same time for around 10 seconds the watch will do a complete reboot.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I have read about the Apple Watch being able to tell you about your quality of sleep. I did some quick research and found an app for $2 that is rated pretty high: https://itunes.apple.com/us/ap...ic/id1179236591?mt=8

I bought it and will try it tonight. Normally I charged my watch all night, but now I guess I will charge it while getting ready for bed an then put it on to go to sleep. It is usually around 80% when I start getting ready for bed and it is now at 100% as I am about to go to bed. I am interested in what it says.

Anyone else use sleep apps?

The sleep app was pretty cool. It shows how long it takes to go to sleep, charts out your heart rate during the night, and lets you know when you are sleeping without moving and when you move during your sleep. I always have to get up to pee during the night and it shows when you woke up during the night. I think it was funny it showed I was having restless sleep up until I got up and peed. Thereafter, I sleep great and didn’t move until I woke up...lol.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I wish they made a round one with a nice stainless bracelet.
I hate square/rectangular watches.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I wish they made a round one with a nice stainless bracelet.
I hate square/rectangular watches.

Agreed. I can’t see why they can’t.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Revolution37:
https://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE...300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Not an app, but I love this case/band for it. I've had SupCase cases on my iPhones before and find them to be a very comparable alternative to Otterbox or LifeProof at a fraction of the cost.

I wear this case/band at work (police officer) and I really feel comfortable that the watch is protected.

So I had ordered this band and have been using it for a while. I love it! I also bought some screen protectors to apply to the face of the watch like you can an iPhone or iPad.