SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michael Bennett indicted
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Bennett indicted Login/Join 
posted
Defensive end Michael Bennett has been indicted by a grand jury in Harris County, Texas on the charge of injuring the elderly.

The Harris County District Attorney’s office told ABC Action News in Philadelphia that the incident in question happened in February 2017 as the clock ran out on Super Bowl LI, which took place at NRG Stadium in Houston. Bennett was at the game on the sidelines to watch his brother, Martellus Bennett, who was playing for the New England Patriots at the time.

As time ran out on the game and the Patriots claimed victory, investigators say that Bennett made a move to run onto the field and celebrate. He was reportedly told by a member of the stadium security team, a 66-year-old paraplegic woman, that he would have to use a different entrance. Bennett then allegedly pushed past her and other security personnel and ran onto the field.

So let me get this straight:

A 66 year old paraplegic woman was a member of the SECURITY TEAM at the Super Bowl. Diversity may be carried a little too far. I suppose they had a blind guy checking tickets at the front gate as well!!

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kind of person pushes past a paraplegic? Seems rules don't apply to him.

Cut the lady some slack, she tried & got a job, I respect that.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
So if you are a big brute it's OK to bully lesser people in breaking the rules?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
I was glad to see Bennett leave Seattle.
Watching his dumb-ass kneel for the National Anthem got old fast. Really fast.

Too stupid to appreciate this country and the strides we have made for people of color, and for all people.

Too stupid to obey the rules. Too stupid to obey the law, apparently.

Calls the Las Vegas police dept. racist, when they're just doing their job.

Tired of it, Mike. Tired of your outrage. Tired of your act. See ya. Glad you're outta here.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
He is an asshole, absolutely no argument. But to the OP's point, security is there to deal with assholes. Something she clearly is not physically able to do. Usher, sure. Ticket taker, fine. Security? Give me a fucking break, what exactly is she going to secure?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
what exactly is she going to secure?
By the looks of it, she's going to secure a felony conviction for this thug.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
He is an asshole, absolutely no argument. But to the OP's point, security is there to deal with assholes. Something she clearly is not physically able to do. Usher, sure. Ticket taker, fine. Security? Give me a fucking break, what exactly is she going to secure?

Maybe there could be two levels of security. The first to politely remind people to follow the rules. The second to beat the living daylights out of someone like Bennett. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
what exactly is she going to secure?
By the looks of it, she's going to secure a felony conviction for this thug.

Question asked.
Question answered.

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Fair enough but so see all kinds of angst here about lowering standards for military and police fitness for duty yet we are all totally comfortable with wheelchair bound "security" personal. Maybe she was a plant to get the conviction, like a bait car? Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fair enough but so see all kinds of angst here about lowering standards for military and police fitness for duty yet we are all totally comfortable with wheelchair bound "security" personal. Maybe she was a plant to get the conviction, like a bait car? Big Grin

No, she isn't going to provide security in the true meaning of the word.
However, most people will do the right thing and not shove weaker people aside to get past them.
For assholes like Bennett, of course there needs to be some muscle around.
But I don't think all that much muscle is necessary.
You might have seen the video of big, strong Bennett whining like a bitch in the back seat of the police car in Vegas.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I was hoping it was my senator. Deeply disappointed.

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Both of the Bennett’s are pieces of shit. This is yet another example of liberal self-important assholes being assholes.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Not a Security Guard....A 'Security Monitor' Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
He'll plea to a lesser charge. Misdemeanor. Get fined. Now the big question; what Goodell is going to do with him for the 2018 season? 6 or 12 game suspension? Hmmm.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a pretty clear difference in military or police standards than to a security presence at a sporting event.

As a fairly benevolent law abiding citizen I'd tend to not physically push past a security guard, especially to the point of knocking over an easily identified physically disabled elderly guard.

To put it bluntly, I hope they throw the book at his ass.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1934 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this situation has a whole lot of WTF associated with it.

bennett sounds like a real tool.

---------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
In public event settings like sports and concerts not everyone wearing a security jacket is security in our sense of the word. There will be legitimate physical security from unarmed bouncers to private armed security to uniformed police officers.

She’s a glorified seating attendant. Her job is to tell people they are in the wrong section and mainly report drunk fans to actual security. An old paraplegic woman can do that as well as anyone. She would not be stationed where physical security would be needed even if she was a 6’4 weightlifter.

But I think getting hung up on the words on her jacket is kinda silly. She’s an employee just doing her job and he’s an asshole who felt like rules didn’t apply to him. I’m sure he was in a hurry to rush to his brothers side after the loss. They are both sensitive delicate flowers and I wouldn’t be shocked if he was crying like a little bitch.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
He’s a dirty piece of shit on the field too.

https://www.google.com/amp/ftw...-hit-penalty-nfl/amp

posted Hide Post
Fuck Michael Bennett!!

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post